Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Yep, NFC off as is Global. Took it into BB today and did an exchange. I will post the results in a day or two after I see what happens. Thanks for the counsel and information.

Update-with the new phone it has been off the charger for about 5 hours now, did a few emails, inadvertently had push on, made a couple calls, turned weather back on, and played around with it. Remarkably on the battery tester app it still shows 100% charged. I sure hope this continues.

Nice! Did they swap the battery or the entire phone?
    Keep in mind that initially the battery meter may not be 100% accurate. I'd suggest getting the battery discharger app, and running it dead (wait a few days before you do this, though - give it a couple 3-4 days of good charging before doing this), and then charge it all the way up, and THEN believe it when it says 100% 5 hours later.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    1,072 Global Posts
    I think calling the battery life on the 822 "amazing" is stretching it. It's ok. I've had worse, and I've had better.

As soon as an extended battery comes out, I will be first in line (to the expense of NFC and wireless charging). I must note that no phone has ever been good enough for me with a stock battery.

I'm on a day and 10 hours no, just some texting, facebook, couple games

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    After a month of usage, my 822 lasts easily 24 hours, which is plenty for me. I deliberately ran the battery down to zero when I first got it, but nowhere close since. I'm guessing it can go 2 or 3 days with my pattern of moderate use

They swapped out the whole phone. On my first maiden voyage with the new phone I got almost 48 hours, a marked improvement, but that was with just a few phone calls, some emails, weather checks, texts, etc. with most everything else shut down. No games. It works for me but may not for heavier users.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I would mostly agree that battery life is great however yesterday it was horrible. The battery life dropped 10-15% idle every hour. I turned off NFC, Bluetooth and location. It never had a problem before with most things on so I'm confused.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I've had the phone for almost 3 weeks now. I just drained it to 0 yesterday (should have done that long ago). I turned off location INSIDE of the Drive Beta app. I've gotten 17 hours out of it and I'm at 77% battery! RIDICULOUS!

wp_ss_20121218_0001.png

--
    Favorite Phone: Nokia Lumia
    Favorite Portable: Asus Transformer

On day four of owning my 822, and battery life just keeps getting better and better. Color me impressed!

wp_ss_20121221_0001.png

By the way, this is with WiFi and Bluetooth continuously on, Nokia Drive and NFC turned off, and battery saver turned off! Pretty sweet. Think I'll keep it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WinDude View Post
    On day four of owning my 822, and battery life just keeps getting better and better. Color me impressed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20121221_0001.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	25330
    hopmedic likes this.

I wanted to give some who don't think battery life is "amazing" on 822 a quick tip that hasn't been mentioned as much as other tips. I was getting good battery life, made it through a day with moderate use just fine, was getting close to or a bit over a day with Global off, Data always on, Wifi on (whenever I'm in range of one, which is 75% of the time), NFC off, and Location off most of the time. It improved from that sort of 15-20 hour time frame into a full day and a few hours but I wasn't getting close to 2 days as others were getting. Then I saw mention somewhere else of turning off the Connect to Xbox when it wasn't needed. That's what turned my battery life around from really good to amazing. The first day with that off, I got close to a day and a half, since then, a little less than a week now, I've been getting on average, 2 days and several hours and that's streaming music for several hours, opening apps liberally, looking online, playing a few games throughout the day (Words With Friends, Wordament), and reading. I'm not restricting my use at all and still getting 2 days now.

So, in case you aren't getting excellent battery life but want it, consider going into the settings menu, swiping right and below the background tasks settings is the game settings, going into that will allow you to turn off the Connect With Xbox setting. It's clearly the thing that changed my phone around, hopefully it can do the same for someone else.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nwildcat View Post
    I wanted to give some who don't think battery life is "amazing" on 822 a quick tip that hasn't been mentioned as much as other tips. I was getting good battery life, made it through a day with moderate use just fine, was getting close to or a bit over a day with Global off, Data always on, Wifi on (whenever I'm in range of one, which is 75% of the time), NFC off, and Location off most of the time. It improved from that sort of 15-20 hour time frame into a full day and a few hours but I wasn't getting close to 2 days as others were getting. Then I saw mention somewhere else of turning off the Connect to Xbox when it wasn't needed. That's what turned my battery life around from really good to amazing. The first day with that off, I got close to a day and a half, since then, a little less than a week now, I've been getting on average, 2 days and several hours and that's streaming music for several hours, opening apps liberally, looking online, playing a few games throughout the day (Words With Friends, Wordament), and reading. I'm not restricting my use at all and still getting 2 days now.

So, in case you aren't getting excellent battery life but want it, consider going into the settings menu, swiping right and below the background tasks settings is the game settings, going into that will allow you to turn off the Connect With Xbox setting. It's clearly the thing that changed my phone around, hopefully it can do the same for someone else.
    I have horrible battery life on my 920. I'll give this a shot. Hopefully it works. Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    My phone hasn't been charged since 7:30 am (12 hours ago) and it's at 92% right now, Wi-Fi on, battery saver off. But it was a very light use day. I've only made two short calls today, sent about 15 texts and had about 25 emails pushed to Outlook. My battery life is excellent and I've done nothing special but disable background processes and not allow tiles to flip all over the place updating every 5 seconds. Ordinarily with moderate to heavy use I still have about 70% by now.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234