Camera reviews please

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. I was going to pull the trigger on the Walmart free offer but the camera is a deal breaker. I've been wanting to move on from my 4S and had looked so forward to a Pureview Nokia WP8 device on VZW. I want to hop on the WP8 train but they are making it hard.

I think it's really a software issue and not the camera. If I play around with it enough I can get the shot I want.

JoJoCal19

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I compared the camera to my sons 4s and the 822 is much slower but the photos are much better all around.

So you think the photos quality are actually better than the 4S? That would be good, but the slow speed would be a deal breaker. I have a 2 year old and 1 week old, hence the importance of the camera. And with my 2 year old, speed of photo shooting is important. Yes I have a DSLR, P&S and camcorder all sitting on the coffee table, but my phone is always with me and within reach so it's important to be able to take good photos with my phone.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So you think the photos quality are actually better than the 4S? That would be good, but the slow speed would be a deal breaker. I have a 2 year old and 1 week old, hence the importance of the camera. And with my 2 year old, speed of photo shooting is important. Yes I have a DSLR, P&S and camcorder all sitting on the coffee table, but my phone is always with me and within reach so it's important to be able to take good photos with my phone.

Using the hardware button you can get it to take a shot instantly when you press down all the way (skipping the focus). If you tap the screen though it still focuses before it takes a shot. even then it still takes respectable photos.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can you go from pocket to picture faster with the iPhone or the 822? Remember that the Windows Phone lets you press/hold the camera button while off, and takes you straight to the camera. I'm curious...

JoJoCal19

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Can you go from pocket to picture faster with the iPhone or the 822? Remember that the Windows Phone lets you press/hold the camera button while off, and takes you straight to the camera. I'm curious...

I can get a pic pretty fast with the 4S. From lock screen slide up the screen into the camera and snap a quick photo. I'll have to get down to a VZW store and get some hands on time with the L822.

seabumb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon and Nokia were good about trying and both tech support teams worked with me but in the end they had to replace the phone with the broken camera. The new phone arrived from Verizon today and the camera works great. Sadly, Verizon send me a black phone where my original and preferred was the gray. I am not sure why they did this but with a week of trying to get a working phone, I will just settle. I have played with the camera a bit and am happy so far.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Verizon and Nokia were good about trying and both tech support teams worked with me but in the end they had to replace the phone with the broken camera. The new phone arrived from Verizon today and the camera works great. Sadly, Verizon send me a black phone where my original and preferred was the gray. I am not sure why they did this but with a week of trying to get a working phone, I will just settle. I have played with the camera a bit and am happy so far.

Glad you got a new one. I would call customer service and have them order a grey one . Once it arrives you just swap it out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte