Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By o4liberty
  • 1 Post By TaliZorah
  • 1 Post By scottcraft

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Dropped by brand new Lumia 822 this morning and cracked the screen...I was planning on getting a case this afternoon knowing that this phone is a little slippery. Sucks after paying full price! Never dropped a phone until now...

More like Gorilla Glass 2.OhNoes
    Put insurance on it, drop it again tomorrow.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    How bad was the damage?

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Screen is in real bad shape but the phone still works.

Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    How bad was the damage?

Global Posts
    3,334 Global Posts
    I just purchased a holster case combo from Verizon and it gives the device some grip and protection at the same time. It also has a kick stand on the back.
    radioage54 likes this.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Might pick this up myself until a better case comes along...

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I just purchased a holster case combo from Verizon and it gives the device some grip and protection at the same time. It also has a kick stand on the back.
    I just stopped by our VZW coroporate store, and put the OtterBox on mine. I like the feel of this in the hand a lot better than the phone without a case. I wish they'd have had the white/gray OtterBox, but I got the black, since my corporate discount applied, and it wouldn't have if I'd bought one somewhere else online, and I'd have had to pay shipping. I'm not nearly as concerned about the color as my wife, so black is fine with me, but I'd have preferred the other. But I do like the feel of it, and like the way it protects all sides. I was concerned about the screen cover, but once I tried it in the store, that concern was put to rest. It feels natural, and doesn't seem to affect the sensitivity of the screen at all.

Also, I've seen a few people post that in the OtterBox they're not able to use the camera button, but I don't have that problem with this one. I have to press the buttons a bit harder than without the case, but that's fine with me.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I just stopped by our VZW coroporate store, and put the OtterBox on mine. I like the feel of this in the hand a lot better than the phone without a case. I wish they'd have had the white/gray OtterBox, but I got the black, since my corporate discount applied, and it wouldn't have if I'd bought one somewhere else online, and I'd have had to pay shipping. I'm not nearly as concerned about the color as my wife, so black is fine with me, but I'd have preferred the other. But I do like the feel of it, and like the way it protects all sides. I was concerned about the screen cover, but once I tried it in the store, that concern was put to rest. It feels natural, and doesn't seem to affect the sensitivity of the screen at all.

Also, I've seen a few people post that in the OtterBox they're not able to use the camera button, but I don't have that problem with this one. I have to press the buttons a bit harder than without the case, but that's fine with me.
    I removed the phone from the Otterbox and reinstalled, now the camera button works. Must not have been aligned. I really do like the Otterbox for the 822, and you're right, the plastic screen cover has no effect on the sensitivity of the screen.
    Hey OP did you drop it from high up? Or fairly low?

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Pretty high up...I am a tall guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Haeven View Post
    Hey OP did you drop it from high up? Or fairly low?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    Can the holster be used without the case?

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    I got one of the snap plastic cases becuse I hate rubbery cases or cases that cover the buttons. I hate the case though, I feel like all it does is add to the size so I think I am going to just go naked.

WOO!!!!!
    scottcraft likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliZorah View Post
    I got one of the snap plastic cases becuse I hate rubbery cases or cases that cover the buttons. I hate the case though, I feel like all it does is add to the size so I think I am going to just go naked.

WOO!!!!!
    I don't really want anything to make the phone bigger either, plus I hate hiding a nice looking phone in a case.
    TaliZorah likes this.
    With the OtterBox, I love the case, and the screen protector that is built in doesn't take away from the screen sensitivity even though I also put a screen protector on the phone. I even did a test... Didn't have a glove handy, but was wearing a Columbia fleece jacket, so I wrapped my finger in 4 layers of fleece, and was able to slide up the lock screen. I'm impressed.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!