Found the charging shells for the 820..

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I was browsing the Nokia site, and I found those colorful wireless charging shells for the Lumia 820:

Wireless Charging Shell for Lumia 820 - Nokia - USA

I'm really excited to get one of the colored shells for my 822 (maybe red or green?), but I can't find ANY info on when they are being released for our phone. The shells look pretty cool, and it had a role in my decision to go with the Lumia (I know, kinda silly, right?).

I hope Verizon/Nokia didn't abandon this accessory line for the 822.

Anyone know more? Thanks!

-mcskipp

daniel nensel

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The verizon store near me claimed to have them. But I was too bust yelling at them for being lying SOB's (see some of my other posts as to why) that i never got to see them. They cost $40 I was told. no mention of any colors beyond white and black.

jdefuria

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe there will be "shells" for the 822 like there are for the 820. On the 820 the shells replace the entire back and sides...so you can in effect change the color of your phone. With the 822 you are only replacing the back cover. So while you should be able to pick up a back cover with the wireless charging capability, the sides and bottom/front of the 822 will remain whatever color your phone is now.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this page plainly states that these are for the 820, which is a different phone, with a completeliy different shape and styling than the 822. As has been stated, the 822 charging cover will be available at a later date. But no, I'm sure you won't have to buy the same color as your phone. Surely there will be at least three colors available, since there are three phone colors - gray, black, and white - and surely there won't be Verizon nazis looking up our accounts not allowing us to order backs that don't match our phones. We can hope that there are more colors for backs than there are for phones, as well. We shall see, though.

scottt732

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the 822 charging covers are on sale online at Verizon's site now in black or white only. You will definitely want to match with the color of your device--this is just the battery cover. I just ordered the cover and a DT-900 now. The DT-900 page says it's not compatible with the 822, but I assume the charging cover will change that. I'll post back when it arrives and let everyone know if the coast is clear.

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the 822 charging covers are on sale online at Verizon's site now in black or white only. You will definitely want to match with the color of your device--this is just the battery cover. I just ordered the cover and a DT-900 now. The DT-900 page says it's not compatible with the 822, but I assume the charging cover will change that. I'll post back when it arrives and let everyone know if the coast is clear.

where do you see the charging covers? I see the standard ones (non charging from what I read) for 19.99 am I missing something?

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Just ordered mine. It'll be nice to charge my phone without having to fiddle with a cable. I picked up the DT-900 last week so it'll be nice to be able to use it.

scottt732

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

These came in yesterday. I charged overnight and it worked as expected. 100% charged this morning. Sleep took priority over staring at the thing, so I didn't pay attention to how long it took, but it is pretty cool. I wish I could say "Definitely worth the ridiculous amount of money it cost for a feature that I assumed would be ~$30", but it's cool nonetheless.

The back cover is slightly bulkier. Doesn't change the feel or look of the device for the worse. As someone pointed from looking at the pictures, the camera is slightly recessed, but they did a nice job on it. The edge is beveled and it looks totally natural.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes