What platform did you come from?

What platform

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Android - Galaxy Nexus. Great smartphone, lousy phone. Call issues drove me over the top. Thought I'd give a new user experience a try, as the innovation curve on iOS and Android has rapidly flattened (improving speed and mirroring one another's features seems to be what they're up to these days). Microsoft jumped in the deep end on this, so I figure I'll give them a shot...

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried Android for several years but the OS was too buggy from device to device and updates sometimes made it worse. My favorite was BlackBerry but with the new BB10 coming in February and the announcement that the trackpad and BB keys were gone I just figured it was time to find a new platform. I had the Trophy but the font size was way too small for me.

David A Smith

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Droid X (which I only purchased because Verizon didn't have a WP7 device at the time). My last experience with Windows on a phone was WM5 on the Motorola Q. Loving WP8 so far.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Count me as a write-in vote for WebOS, a great platform which I'd have been happy to stay with if HP hadn't given up on it. I tried a Droid 4 and thought Android was like a disorganized house -- everything was there somewhere but it didn't hang together very well. So far so good with WP8 and an 822.

das4444

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Came from the original HTC Incredible, jailbroke for the last year, most recently running JB ... WAY TOO MUCH WORK to keep the phone running. Very happy so far with WP8 on my Lumia 822. Looking for a case ... hope some show up soon, before i drop it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't vote - I used Windows Mobile for... I don't remember for sure, but thinking it must have been 4-5 years? Then I got Windows Phone (Sprint Arrive) on the day it launched (3/23/11) after giving up on Verizon, but ported back because Sprint's coverage was horrible. Then I went to ATT after again giving up on Verizon and got a Samsung Focus, but alas, ATT isn't good here, either. I put up with it for a couple weeks, hoping I could learn to deal with it, and then Verizon made their announcement on 5/19/2011, and I had my Trophy on 5/26/2011, after more than six months of aggravation waiting on Verizon!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Like I said above, I'm coming from an all Microsoft background, and given that, I'm pleased to see so many coming from Android and Apple who are liking the Windows Phone. Not to start any "ours is better than yours" debates, I believe that we need competition to foster innovation - I just want to say I'm happy to see people from the other sides enjoying what I've enjoyed.

radioage54

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had several feature phones and then a couple droids. The only thing I miss so far is my Dish Network app and flash player support in IE10!

Nokia Lumia 822 purchased ($49) at Best Buy yesterday after first going to Verizon store who had none!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett