Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Does everyone else get sound out of both of the speaker ports on the bottom of their phone? Mine only comes out of one, so if I hold it such that the speakers are to the right in landscape mode, I block the only sound from my device. =(

I take it I need to go back to the Verizon store and get a replacement?
    Hmmm........ If you're looking at the face of the phone, is it the one on the left side that works? I'm going to watch this thread, because I seem to have sound out of only that one. =/

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    It's like the iphone. Only one speaker. The other side is where the mic is. It just LOOKS like it should have sound coming from both but just the once side is a speaker, the other is the microphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliZorah View Post
    It's like the iphone. Only one speaker. The other side is where the mic is. It just LOOKS like it should have sound coming from both but just the once side is a speaker, the other is the microphone.
    Aha...
    Nokia Lumia 822 Specifications - Nokia - USA
    It does say "Integrated hands-free speaker"

I don't know what phone I was thinking of with two speakers down there, or if perhaps I read something that was mistaken about this one, but even the 920 says "speaker" not "speakers", so apparently there IS only one speaker. I was sure I'd seen more than one in the presentation, but after looking at the spec sheet, I realize that it was MICROPHONES that I am thinking of - there are three mics for noise canceling.

Thanks.

That's kind of annoying. Need to get used to holding it the other way in landscape mode.

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Aha...
    Nokia Lumia 822 Specifications - Nokia - USA
    It does say "Integrated hands-free speaker"

I don't know what phone I was thinking of with two speakers down there, or if perhaps I read something that was mistaken about this one, but even the 920 says "speaker" not "speakers", so apparently there IS only one speaker. I was sure I'd seen more than one in the presentation, but after looking at the spec sheet, I realize that it was MICROPHONES that I am thinking of - there are three mics for noise canceling.
    Yeah I have noticed that's just how companies are doing it now. I love having the speaker on the bottom and I think it's just for asthetic value to put the mic on the other side under and identical grate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyskresiac View Post
    Thanks.

That's kind of annoying. Need to get used to holding it the other way in landscape mode.
    I agree, I wish it was on the other side. Just happy it is on the bottom and not the back though :)