Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hey everyone, I really like the High contrast mode on the black 822 (both with light and dark backgrounds) however with the light background, is it safe to say that will drain more battery since, from what I remember, by having more white pixels on the screen more often it drains the battery vs when there is black it uses less because on black portions it doesn't even have to light up the pixels? Hope I just made sense.

(FYI High Contrast mode with Dark background is also very cool as its a lot of black with white outlines on tiles ... might save even more battery life!)

Also, I noticed in high contrast mode, it doesn't allow you to have a screen saver :( Anyone else experiencing this or find a way around it?

Out side of that, I LOVE this phone so far (And so does my dad). Got them today at Best Buy for Free. My mom is getting the White one at Costco for $49.99. One bog Happy 822 family :)

Thanks in advance for all info... truly appreciated!

Bump...

Interested to hear any responses on this

same as well
    Bump

Hey guys, I decided to ask this question in a separate post the other day. Someone answered it here: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...questions.html

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wpadvocate View Post
    Hey guys, I decided to ask this question in a separate post the other day. Someone answered it here: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...questions.html
    This is correct.

AMOLED's use virtually no power when displaying blacks and have no backlighting, so a black background or a display with more blacks will draw less power. The worse thing you can do on the AMOLED is to go with the white background if you are concerned about power.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I'm using the high contrast mode with black background and its AWESOME. Really pops and makes the phone stand out. There just isn't anything like this out there now. WP8 on Nokia 822 equals smiles.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    I'm trying the high contrast with light background on my 8x. Very cool and doesn't use any more juice since my screen is super LCD.
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Anyone figure out a way around the lockscreen coming up black in hich contrast mode yet? Or is this going to be required in some sort of fix from Microsoft?

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckCowboy View Post
    Anyone figure out a way around the lockscreen coming up black in hich contrast mode yet? Or is this going to be required in some sort of fix from Microsoft?
    +1
    Since the 'High Contrast' mode is supposed to be for people with vision problems, I understand why that is disabled. They probably didn't forsee some people using it just because it is awesome.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    does anyone know how much quicker the battery actually dies with it on light and high contrast? i love the light theme but i use dark because of the battery issue