Nokia maps gripes

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else think that the rendering quality of Nokia Maps is inferior to Google or Bing Maps? Streets in my neighborhood "wobble", and it's all jagged lines. Google Maps never did that to me.

Also, is anyone else unable to get traffic in Nokia Maps? I've downloaded my state, but the Traffic map is no different than the regular one, in any way.

I am currently on the latest Maps software.

What's annoying about this is that the Bing search application redirects you to NM, and Google Maps won't let you pull up an interactive map, even if you turn off the mobile page setting in IE 10.

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You don't see jagged lines on the streets everywhere? If I use the gMaps app, you can see it, but they anti-alias the lines so they look smooth. In NM, they're little stair steps...

Also, you get traffic on your map? Where do you live? I'm in Denver. I'll try the uninstall/reinstall as you suggest...

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
reinstalling gives me traffic - more specifically, it highlights those areas that seem to be impacted by slowdowns... No joy on jagged line segments, though - looks pretty rough. I hope crappy looking maps aren't the price of a 800x480 screen!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For my area (NE of Atlanta) I've noticed that the traffic map shows nothing different if traffic is "good" (their opinion, not mine), but it does add red or yellow, for worse conditions. I have yet to see green. I am able to get a traffic map in IE10 on Bing.com, and if I hit the search button and search for any city in the area, and tap the resulting map, it pulls up Bing maps, and gives me the Bing Maps app that I've been used to in the Trophy that I've had for the past year and a half. I wish I could figure out a way to pin that app.....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and if you want to pin the Bing.com map of the desired area (in IE), the way to do it is to get it framed as you like it, tap the share button to get the link, copy the link, paste it into the address bar and navigate to it, and then pin that. I have not yet figured out a way to do it and get rid of the panel on the left with the options, so if you figure that one out, please post it. And if you figure out a way to pin the bing maps app, by all means, post it.

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and if you want to pin the Bing.com map of the desired area (in IE), the way to do it is to get it framed as you like it, tap the share button to get the link, copy the link, paste it into the address bar and navigate to it, and then pin that. I have not yet figured out a way to do it and get rid of the panel on the left with the options, so if you figure that one out, please post it. And if you figure out a way to pin the bing maps app, by all means, post it.

This may be an easier way to go: gMaps

jadan127

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So I am trying really hard to like this Nokia Maps app. One major gripe I have is that I cannot figure out how to reset the search results. All I get is a half exposed results pull-up menu. There is no way for me to clear the results and get the default icons at the bottom. Ive tried to reinstall the app and still, I get the same crappy UI bug/feature/thingy. Anyone have any ideas about this wonderfulness?

thanks!
Jadan
:shocked:

jadan127

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So I am trying really hard to like this Nokia Maps app. One major gripe I have is that I cannot figure out how to reset the search results. All I get is a half exposed results pull-up menu. There is no way for me to clear the results and get the default icons at the bottom. Ive tried to reinstall the app and still, I get the same crappy UI bug/feature/thingy. Anyone have any ideas about this wonderfulness?

thanks!
Jadan
:shocked:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss