Anyone received 822 in White or Grey other than from Verizon?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Verizon seems to be the only place to get a white or grey at this point. Walmart and Costco have the white and grey listed as backordered, Best Buy has no clue on the white. Has anyone received either color from any place other than Verizon?

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't find grey mentioned anywhere but Verizon themselves. The Best Buy website has the white listed as 'coming soon'. I hope it surfaces there within the next 11 days because I'd like to exchange my black for a white.

-mcskipp

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I just looked and, as far as I can tell, Walmart has them in stock. Sam's Club has them for $50 on contract.

Last edited:

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Oy vey, lol, so after I printed out the Walmart ad and had Best Buy price match it, the Walmart site does now carry the white 822 (and it's still being offered for free). Any idea if/how I can return my black 822 to Best Buy, get my upgrade back, and then use it to order the white one at Walmart?

Is that even possible? Somehow?

-mcskipp

Last edited by a moderator:

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I was stressing myself out trying to find the white or grey. I finally just caved and got the black price matched at BB for free. I mean, does the color really matte that much?

The only thing I can tell you is that BB has a 30 day replacement policy, so if white or grey get stocked I that time frame, you can switch. I might switch because this black one is so darn slippery. I know the white is glossy, but I wonder of it sticks better.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Mcskipp, when I tried to order the grey from WalMart, they told me I couldn't because it's not in stock. Made no sense to me, but returning at BB and ordering from WalMart won't work, at least not yet. White and grey are back ordered at WalMart.

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know this may sound stupid, but little things like colors and details mean a lot to me - just kinda wired that way, I suppose (left brained maybe?)

In fact, the only reason I even started looking at the WP8 devices is because of all the cool colors and such. Definitely caught my attention! Had it not been for those little details, I wouldn't even know how great WP8 is now :D

-mcskipp

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I might switch because this black one is so darn slippery. I know the white is glossy, but I wonder of it sticks better.
I agree, man! I don't want to have to use a case on the 822 because it really is a beautiful phone, but the black is definitely too slippery. I haven't even dared to take it out of my house without the condom I bought for it at Verizon. I just know it will end up on the pavement quickly!

-mcskipp

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I did read where someone else said that the glossy felt better as far as grip, and not feeling so slippery. I'm hanging on to the black in the hopes that Best Buy picks up the white soon, and I'll swap it out. The only reason I'll even bother, since I'm wrapping an OtterBox around it, is because my wife wants white, and if they come out with a 9xx model, she'll get this phone.

jdefuria

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a white one from costco online yesterday (Monday, 11/19)...the site still says "expected ship date of 11/19" (yesterday). The order said it typically takes 24 to 72 hours to process before shipping. Hasn't shipped yet...will let y'all know when it does. :)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a white one from costco online yesterday (Monday, 11/19)...the site still says "expected ship date of 11/19" (yesterday). The order said it typically takes 24 to 72 hours to process before shipping. Hasn't shipped yet...will let y'all know when it does. :)

Thanks. I cancelled my Costco order because I don't think they knew when it would ship. Hope it comes soon for you. I had trouble waiting when I knew I could drive down the street and pick one up immediately. If Costco could have given me a concrete ship date, I might have waited.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
When the WP8 was first announced, I thought that the cool colors were really nice. I was going to get a bright red one. But since I'm locked into vzw, and don't really want the 8X, I'm stuck with boring black, grey or white, haha. So I got the black. But I sure wish they had some colorful 822's.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from Costco (even though I canceled my order yesterday) saying the following:

...was originally scheduled to ship 11/19/2012. Due to delays in the launch of the handset, your order is now anticipated to leave our distribution center on 11/28/2012.

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Stopped in the Verizon store today and manhandled the white 822. It's so much easier to hold, the white material is much less slippery. I definitely want the white one.

I talked to the store I bought my black 822 at today (Best Buy). They said I have 14 days from the purchase date to return the phone and still get my upgrade back. But, they also said they will exchange my black for white up until the 30 day point.

Dilemma is this: if I keep the black 822 and gamble the wait from 15-30 days, if the white 822 hasn't been released by then, I'm stuck.

So I think I'm going to return my black 822 on the 14th day (if the whites haven't surfaced at BB), get my upgrade back, and then hold onto it and get a white 822 when they are released.

-mcskipp

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Returned my black 822 this morning, got my upgrade back, went home and ordered the white 822 from Wirefly for $.99 (plus free shipping and a $25 gift card too). Scheduled to be on my doorstep Monday. Woot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss