822 Accessories - One Stop Shop

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My fatboy and black charging back are due to arrive today. I'll let you all know how it works with my Otterbox. I figure that will be a good test because of the extra padding from the fatboy plus the case.

Crakeur

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe they're finally selling the fatboy and it's only $60. I got swindled into buying the blue one from some mobile accessory site, it took forever to arrive and then I discovered it was a european charging plate (plug wasn't US). Fortunately, I've got a converter so I can use it.

the pillow is silly but being able to toss the phone onto the pillow is nicer than gently placing it on a bare plate.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
1. The wireless charging back does indeed fit with the Otterbox case.
2. The fatboy works like a charm even with the Otterbox case!

Color me impressed! And all the iPhone and Android fanboys in our office are impressed too! lol

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Incipio now also offers a Feather case for the Lumia 822:

Nokia Lumia 822 feather Ultra Thin Snap-On Case

I do not know that it will work with the wireless charging back though; I asked them and got a confusing answer that said "we do not support non Incipio products" :| Anyway, YMMV. This is exactly the kind of a case that I'd want but I want my wireless charging more...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Incipio now also offers a Feather case for the Lumia 822:

Nokia Lumia 822 feather Ultra Thin Snap-On Case

I do not know that it will work with the wireless charging back though; I asked them and got a confusing answer that said "we do not support non Incipio products" :| Anyway, YMMV. This is exactly the kind of a case that I'd want but I want my wireless charging more...

Added. Thanks!

Wow, this is the first time I've ever owned a phone with so many case choices!

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to share the Nokia Charging Stand site(s) with you.

FIRST - I was impressed that the Nokia USA Site main page features the 822!!!

Cell Phones and Smartphones - Nokia - USA

NEXT - Here is the Nokia Charging Stand (DT-910).

Nokia Wireless Charging Stand. - Nokia - USA

Amazon has fresh inventory as of 12/24/12.

Amazon.com: Nokia DT910 Wireless Charging Stand - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Pretty much $70 no matter where you find it. Would be nice if Verizon would carry the stand. The stand is a nice accessory for the 822 and it would be nice to apply my discount.

Set Your Location

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Note that Energizer Qi inductive chargers work great with Nokia. I use a dual one for our two 822s and works great. Bought it open box of Fleabay for $45.

Edit: one more thing... the VZW clear hard case does not properly fit a phone with the wireless charging back installed.

tomxteam

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't actually seen a wireless cover in person, can anyone who has one tell me if the cover is larger than the stock cover? I assume not since the Otterbox cover fits. I really like the size of my 822 right now and don't want to make it bigger. Thanks!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have one and believe it to be very close to the originals size. If any thing it may be a little thicker but don't think you're notice a differences.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Sure thing, I think your going to like the wireless charging I use the pad myself just set it & forget it no more wires, light on side tell if it is charging never had a problem.
Good luck.

ezday42

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I have to ask. I have read several threads and know you have a few of these cases. Which one is your Daily Driver. I am usually a minimalistic kind of guy but I appreciate protection where needed. I would never consider the Otterbox unless available in the commuter series. and I have been stuck between the Trudent Aegis or The Incipio Duel Pro. I am also considering the Incipio Feather for its "no Bulk" quality but find myself very torn between the 3. Just wondered which case you use daily.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just got the Aegis the other day, but I really like it. I started out with the OtterBox, but when the Incipio Feather came out, I wanted to try something smaller. Coincidentally, the case on my Trophy is a no-name that is very similar to the Feather, but without the attractive color, bought from the Microsoft Store right after Trophy launch. About the same thickness. I just couldn't use the Trophy without SOMETHING to add a little bulk, and at the time, you'd find a needle in a haystack FAR sooner than you'd find another case for the Trophy. Funny - now that the Trophy is replaced, my wife and I saw not one, not two, but THREE different cases at Fry's a couple weeks ago for the Trophy.

I want protection. But I also like the bulk, but I decided that the OtterBox was a bit too much bulk for me, and I wanted to get back to a vertical belt holster. I was a paramedic for 10 years (been a while tho - almost 13 years since I touched a patient on a regular basis), so I've ALWAYS had stuff on my belt. Case with bandage scissors, trauma shears, window punch and more, a radio, a pouch with rubber gloves, a flashlight (carried in daylight hours as well, carried for defense)....... So I'm not a phone-in-the-pocket guy. My first cell phone was about 18 years ago, and I used the pouch that I used to carry my Minitor pager in when I was a volunteer fireman. I've been a vertical belt case guy since. I've tried horizontal a couple times, but don't like them.

So since I like the vertical case, and it's hard to find a case large enough for this phone with a case on it, I jumped at the Feather, and found a case. I like it, but there's a bit extra room in the case. When last week I saw an Aegis for sale with the same belt case (and other stuff) on ebay, for something like $22 or $23, I thought I'd try that. Same day, I saw another phone case, an APEX Hybrid, and given the under-$10 price, thought I'd get it too, and try it. It hasn't arrived yet, and the tracking number is broken, so I'm not sure when it will come, but I'll report on it when I get it.

All that useless info to tell you what my preferences are like... For now, I'm using the Aegis. I've found one more thing about it that I don't care for, but would easily be remedied with a razor (but for the moment, I'll hold off on that). If you leave the power or headphones plugged in for a long period, it takes a while for the silicone to "relax" so that it stays in place for the plugs that cover the USB and headphone jacks. I haven't dropped the phone with it, but it is far more protective than the Feather, but without adding TOO much extra bulk. It fits well in the belt case. This case doesn't allow the phone to slide in and out as smoothly as the ones I've had in the past, but it is a cheap belt case, so I expect that.

The Aegis isn't perfect, but right now of the cases I have, it's the one I'm using every day. It offers protection without as much bulk as the OtterBox (though I don't think it could do so without a mark on the case, like the OtterBox can). The buttons are a lot easier to press than with the OtterBox, and they protrude a bit so they're easy to "find", unlike the Feather, which leaves the buttons recessed a bit. Just a couple of flaws with it that I've found so far, and at the moment, I can live with them. Being OCD, though, I'm sure I'll eventually get really twisted out of joint over the silicone plugs not fitting into place correctly, and will cut them off.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon Holster case. I like it, Until I dropped it and it cracked in the corner (I supposed it saved the phone, but still). So I superglued it. Then I dropped it again. Cracked in the same spot on both sides. Gives me the impression that there is too much stress in that section of the design. So I superglued it again. Lesson learned, Superglue is good.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon Holster case. I like it, Until I dropped it and it cracked in the corner (I supposed it saved the phone, but still). So I superglued it. Then I dropped it again. Cracked in the same spot on both sides. Gives me the impression that there is too much stress in that section of the design. So I superglued it again. Lesson learned, Superglue is good.

This is one of the reasons I like the Trident Aegis case. It's rubbery, so at least that part won't crack. And the hard plastic areas have the rubbery part behind them, so there is going to be some cushion to it, so I would be surprised if it cracked. I'm not going to drop my phone to test it, though... I hope you understand! :wink:

The rubbery part, I'm not sure if it is silicone or not. It seems a bit more stiff than I would expect for silicone, though it could easily be a formula that has silicone as a major component.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had that same style case for my Android phone and even though it hit the floor a couple of times it survived. The sales rep at the Verizon store warned me about the 822 version, I guess he was right... :grin:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have to ask. I have read several threads and know you have a few of these cases. Which one is your Daily Driver. I am usually a minimalistic kind of guy but I appreciate protection where needed. I would never consider the Otterbox unless available in the commuter series. and I have been stuck between the Trudent Aegis or The Incipio Duel Pro. I am also considering the Incipio Feather for its "no Bulk" quality but find myself very torn between the 3. Just wondered which case you use daily.
I'm just using a Silicone case for now. Like you, I am a fan of the Otterbox Commuter cases. The Defender is just a little too big and bulky for me. I had a commuter on my EVO and loved it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills