Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

hey everyone i was looking at verizons site for cases and accessories and i noticed the clear hard case the lumia 822 underneath is blue.....

i have not heard any word of a blue 822 so i do not know if it is bad photoshop or what happened but thought it was interesting the link is below

Set Your Location

I just noticed that too. Guess I was thinking that the case was blue, but it says clear.

yea the first few times i saw it i thought it was blue as verizon usually has blue clear and purple hard cases but it said clear and i notice parts of the phone uncovered by the case are blue like the lumia 920 shade

I think it's a bad photoshop job or something. I haven't heard anything about a blue 822 except this image.
    Interesting..... I don't see any reason why anyone would go to the trouble of photoshopping a phone to cyan when there are real phones in the shoot. =/

Regardless, I've added the link to the clear case to the accessories thread that I started over here.

Just noticed this as well... Little sad the launch colors were so droll. Would have picked this one in an instant.
    I'd forgotten about this.... BUT.... If you're a developer, and you've signed up for Nokia's DVLUP promotion, (www.dvlup.com), if you look at the rewards page on page 3, there is a charging cover for the 822, and the colors listed are Black, Cyan, Grey, and White. DVLUP - Nokia DVLUP

And that is a NOKIA web site..... I'm thinking that cyan charging cover will look nice on my black phone........
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I'd forgotten about this.... BUT.... If you're a developer, and you've signed up for Nokia's DVLUP promotion, (www.dvlup.com), if you look at the rewards page on page 3, there is a charging cover for the 822, and the colors listed are Black, Cyan, Grey, and White. DVLUP - Nokia DVLUP

And that is a NOKIA web site..... I'm thinking that cyan charging cover will look nice on my black phone........
    Blue was supposed to launch with the phone. Notice that it was not announced on the 920 at first? Heard through the grapevine that the Cyan was so greatly demanded that AT&T threw money at Nokia to get an exclusive on the color - was part of their 920 exclusivity deal, though I don't think it has the same length attached to it. Could be scuttlebutt there, but I do know that Verizon was slated to get blue at launch originally. It's still expected to be coming, though after the 1st of the year.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    845 Global Posts
    A cyan 822 would be sweet. Of course, I'm still wondering why they don't have a Verizon red one. That's the color I would prefer the most when my upgrade hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    A cyan 822 would be sweet. Of course, I'm still wondering why they don't have a Verizon red one. That's the color I would prefer the most when my upgrade hits.
    They do now. :)

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    nok_822_cov_clear_nok822covc.png
    I'll just put this here. I hope this color comes out before my birthday

Global Posts
    845 Global Posts
    That blue is sweet. But I saw some pictures of the red one on ebay and me likes! I guess I would have to have them both in my hand to see which I like better, but the red draws me in a little more than the blue. Choices suck...not!
    I like the blue, and I like the idea of red, but I'm not so keen on the orangish-red that they have.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Any updates for the cyan 822?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Any updates for the cyan 822?
    the only thing is some speculation that it will be released at the same time that the cyan Nokia Lumia 928 is.

I hope one of them comes out by May 9th :D

Honest Abe said over in the 928 forum that VZ would be doing a Mothers day promotion with blue Razrs.

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have blue 822s (and possibly 928s) as well, since we already saw the red 822s for Valentines day. But don't hold your breath.

The picture of the case now shows a black phone. I would have liked a cyan phone, but black is fine. Can't see it much in the case I have anyway.

I get a cyan Lumia 822, it's a proto type.