having difficult time buying the 822!
11-21-2012 10:03 PM
- Hello y'all, on saturday i tried to buy the 822 from the corporate store ans hour from me, they didnt have any windows 8 working models to show, and had only a surfact fablet turned on but not functioning in a case, and nobody could answer any questions about win 8 phone for me or my wife, and tried VERY hard to push me to a droid razor m.
so on monday at best buy i tried to look at the windows 8 phones again well all they had on hand was tmobile 810 dummy phone. so i went to ANOTHER best buy store an hour from the previous one and they had an actual htc 8x phone from at&t except they didnt have it set up AT ALL so all it could do was power up and off and nobdy there knew a single thing about it and no i couldnt order a verion win 8 device. so then today i went to my local verizon retailer and went in and they had a working 822. but spent the whole entire time telling me how bad it was while at the same time telling me that he doesnt know a single thing about windows phones! then immediatly after i told him that i didnt want another android phone that my motorola electrify, my samgung galaxy s2, my droid rincredible 4g lte and my samsung galaxy s3 were unreliable and i was leaving the system. so then he pushed us HARD to buy the lg spectrum and when i asked how much for the 822 phone he quoted $100 more than buying it online or amazon.
Frankly ive never had so much resistance to taking my money before and it disgusts me. and i have no tmoble at&t or even sprint in my area my choice are verizon or us cellular.
so now its time to order online and pray they actually want to sell me a windows phone!
Btw the locations i tried getting the phones were in la crosse wisconsin , eau claire wisconsin and black river falls wisconsin but its been an infuriating experience!11-21-2012 02:38 PM
- That's pretty bad. I have played dumb before just to see what sales reps will say and VZW definitely pushes android, and AT&T always pushes the iPhone. Sprint pushes Android as well. T-Mo I have always has the best experience at. I remember when I got my Radar back in the day they were all excited about it and talking up WP7.
I guess it just varies store to store but I am pretty sure VZW has a contract with Motorola and they push their phones very hard. Plus, the average cell phone salesman (or just people in general) want their phone / brand to be the most popular so they push that stuff on a personal level too. It's like sports or chevy vs ford or xbox vs playstation... It's just human nature I guess.11-21-2012 02:43 PMLike 1
- I understand your frustration. Nothing is worse when the salesmen want to push either the product they choose to like (or are directed to like). From an ownership standpoint, I've been with Droid since the original Droid on Verizon. I was so excited when it came out, and then the floodgates were opened. So many devices came to market trying to compete and replace iOS; to a point where I no longer want to be on the Droid platform because its gotten so far away from what it was initially intended to be. I tried both the 8X for Verizon and the 822. For my needs the 822 won hands down and I couldn't be happier.11-21-2012 02:48 PM
- The folks at the VZW corp store I bought mine at tried to tell me twice that I couldn't just buy it as a replacement device on my current number. So twice I told them "incorrect, would you like me to call the corporate account manager for HP?" (I work for HP, we do a TON of business with VZW.) They must not have heard me the first time, but the store manager corrected them when he over heard me saying it the second time. Syncing music (with CRAP WP8 sync app) and re-installing apps atm. So far so good. Resizing tiles is going to take some getting used to.11-21-2012 05:04 PM
- Wow that sucks for you guys. I walked into a Verizon retail store and asked about the wp8 phones and 2 reps said they were already looking up when they would get them in and were very excited about them one said he had some hands on time with them and he was going to get the 8x. Then I walked into a at&t store and asked about the 920 and he went and grabbed one for me and said he had the 900 and the focus before that and would be switching to the 920 soon. He did try and tell me the 920 had removable storage with I corrected him on but everyone really responded to wp8 awesomely for me.11-21-2012 09:15 PM
- my Verizon store was surprisingly good about showing the 822 off on launch day. There were several employees around it setting up the display and the surface. One employee was really talking it up, showed me Nokia Music and the City Lens, or whatever it's called. It was refreshing to experience.11-21-2012 10:03 PM
- Windows Central Archives
- Windows Central Archive
- Nokia Lumia 822
having difficult time buying the 822!
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 21Last Post: 07-06-2011, 02:00 AM
- By Kangaroosky in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 8Last Post: 02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD