Local Scout

Brian Lessard

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia 822 with Windows 8, I don't seem to have a favorites button in my Local Scout App. From other how-to's on the web this feature seems to be there with in window phone 7.5 and other Nokia phones. Am I missing something, did they remove it in this later release?

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope you mean windows phone 8, not windows 8. If its win8, I would love to see the XDA post for that, lol. Anyway, for the local scout, after you fav something, tap the map at the top, click the ..., and select favorite places.

Brian Lessard

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes windows phone 8! I have no option to add as favorite directly from Local Scout, and the map at the top (and when you tap the address) seems like a bing map but with no favorites icon, the default map on the phone is Nokia maps which I can access through the 'Apps' section in Local Scout and it has a favorites button but then it's only a favorite in Nokia Maps. I don't miss my android phone but I really miss Google Maps/Places/Favorites functionality.

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes windows phone 8! I have no option to add as favorite directly from Local Scout, and the map at the top (and when you tap the address) seems like a bing map but with no favorites icon, the default map on the phone is Nokia maps which I can access through the 'Apps' section in Local Scout and it has a favorites button but then it's only a favorite in Nokia Maps. I don't miss my android phone but I really miss Google Maps/Places/Favorites functionality.

+1. Local Scout is weak - in my area, it tells me that there are restaurants within walking distance, that are either across town, but it doesn't understand north from south, or takes restaurants that are 3 miles away, and gives them a new address that's a block from my house. Bing really is the Achilles Heel of Windows Phone 8.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I miss the Bing Maps from WP7. I haven't used Nokia maps enough to get used to, and I was used to looking at the traffic on Bing Maps every morning before I left for work, and I just don't trust the traffic yet on Nokia Maps, since it doesn't show anything where Bing would show green. Maybe I'll get used to it, but for now, I want Bing Maps back.

Brian Lessard

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
iPwnza: I noticed that you got an 8x. Did HTC disable favorites from Local Scout on the 8x? When you select an address from you address book what map does it use?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss