- 11-21-2012, 06:18 PM #1
I have a Nokia 822 with Windows 8, I don't seem to have a favorites button in my Local Scout App. From other how-to's on the web this feature seems to be there with in window phone 7.5 and other Nokia phones. Am I missing something, did they remove it in this later release?
- 11-21-2012, 06:21 PM #2
I hope you mean windows phone 8, not windows 8. If its win8, I would love to see the XDA post for that, lol. Anyway, for the local scout, after you fav something, tap the map at the top, click the ..., and select favorite places.
- 11-21-2012, 06:40 PM #3
Yes windows phone 8! I have no option to add as favorite directly from Local Scout, and the map at the top (and when you tap the address) seems like a bing map but with no favorites icon, the default map on the phone is Nokia maps which I can access through the 'Apps' section in Local Scout and it has a favorites button but then it's only a favorite in Nokia Maps. I don't miss my android phone but I really miss Google Maps/Places/Favorites functionality.
- 11-22-2012, 11:36 AM #4
- 11-22-2012, 12:33 PM #5
I miss the Bing Maps from WP7. I haven't used Nokia maps enough to get used to, and I was used to looking at the traffic on Bing Maps every morning before I left for work, and I just don't trust the traffic yet on Nokia Maps, since it doesn't show anything where Bing would show green. Maybe I'll get used to it, but for now, I want Bing Maps back.
- By Duvi in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 12-29-2011, 10:27 AM
- By Exomondo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 26Last Post: 12-06-2011, 09:48 AM
- By randywintle in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2011, 09:27 AM
- By Pete C in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
- By rsmiley0 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 08-12-2011, 12:31 PM