Disappointed at verizon/nokia

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have wanted a windows phone for a long time. Especially a lumia. But when the 822 came out on verzion i was disappointed. First off on other companies the color choice is amazing, but verizon only has black white and grey. The grey (the one i would buy) isn't wireless charging. I am in love with the 920, but the look of the 822 is modest at best for me. And i am also scared that right when i buy the 822, they will release a 920 for verizon.

(and just so everyone knows, i am a huge fan of nokia and their lumia line. Also i am a huge fan of windows phone 8. Im just disappointed with the cosmetics if the 822)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
dude. both Verizon and Nokia are in a stage where they need to fix up their relationship. so they start small. as 2 months go by. they will have a much better phone. maybe even better than the 920. this is how stuff goes by man. you need to know that

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
oh. ok :). um. I think maybe wait a little longer. because we are near the end of the year and you could have the MS surface phone coming to your carrier

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
dude. both Verizon and Nokia are in a stage where they need to fix up their relationship. so they start small. as 2 months go by. they will have a much better phone. maybe even better than the 920. this is how stuff goes by man. you need to know that

yes i understand, but if people dnt complain abouy this, theu will keep making phones just like the 822, complaining leads to better devices and upgrades. So

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
well. it depends on tem though. not really the person. and if it turns bad. then that is when MS gets involved and makes a phone for Verizon and Nokia for AT&T

ontapbjt

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my 822 on Verizon thinking that it would be a holdover until a better phone comes along. I am extremely happy with the 822. I've changed my mind and will probably keep it until/if Nokia brings something amazing to Verizon. It would probably have to be something better than a 922 for me to switch at this point. Go for the 822 you won't be disappointed.

Steven Piazza

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You can afford to buy a "hold over" phone? plan to purchase the next one off contract?

I'm in the same spot. Like the 920 but only have 822 as an option. I hope there will be another lumia coming for vzw. Been eligible for an upgrade for over a year.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the 820 before the 822 and by far the quality and fit and finish is superior! Its just a phone and as long as it is functional then I am happy.

ontapbjt

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can afford to buy a "hold over" phone? plan to purchase the next one off contract?

I'm in the same spot. Like the 920 but only have 822 as an option. I hope there will be another lumia coming for vzw. Been eligible for an upgrade for over a year.

I have another upgrade on my family plan that comes due in January. Now that I own the 822 I won't be in a hurry to upgrade unless something extraordinary comes along.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i forgot to ask my question lol, i was gonna ask is the 822 worth it, or should i wait?
I have the 920 and 822 and honestly my 822 performs about the same in many similar functions. Also at least for me my 822's battery last about 24 hours whereas on my 920 its about 6 hours. When it comes to look and camera functionality 920 is superior

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have another upgrade on my family plan that comes due in January. Now that I own the 822 I won't be in a hurry to upgrade unless something extraordinary comes along.

This is the position in in. I expect that this spring they will have a better phone, and I really want the camera on the 920. The rest of the specs vs the 822 don't really matter to me. Screen resolution on a screen that small? I'm 45 years old. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so I'm not looking to watch any HD video on my phone. I do like the dark blacks and vibrant colors of the 822 vs the 8x, though, but I haven't had a chance to go side by side with a 920 yet.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was hearing that there will be a 922 before the end of the year is this still true ?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I was hearing that there will be a 922 before the end of the year is this still true ?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

This is not true. While there may eventually be a variation of the 920 for other carriers, it's an AT&T exclusive for 6 months. Making a slightly different shape and rebadging it as they have with the 822 does not get around that.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is not true. While there may eventually be a variation of the 920 for other carriers, it's an AT&T exclusive for 6 months. Making a slightly different shape and rebadging it as they have with the 822 does not get around that.

That all depends on what the contract says. None of us knows the exact definition of "exclusive" so the odds are very good that changing just one spec makes it a new phone. Put in a micro SD slot and we're golden, perhaps.

Last edited:

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
That all depends on what the contract says. None of us knows the exact definition of "exclusive" so the odds are very good that changing just one spec makes it a new phone. Put in a micro SD slot and we're gooden, perhaps.
this sounds like pretty wishful thinking. Can you give an example of this ever happening before? I certainly can't, so I'd say chances are slim. Buy you're right. We don't know the exact terms.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the 822 is a great value, especially if you get it from Best Buy or Wal-Mart. I bought mine at Verizon on launch day and I think it was money well spent. The 8X is very nice too. If my store would have had one in stock when I bought I very well might have bought it, it feels much better in the hand than the 822.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If you are happy with what you have now I would wait for six months to see what will be coming out. From what I have read we should hear about a few new devices in March. Hopefully if Verizon gets a top tier phone Nokia will have worked out some of the issues by then. If not, grab the 822, so far it seems to be the most trouble free handset. I am due in May so I'm hoping for more options myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism