| | 11-25-2012, 09:27 AM #1
Hello after having trouble with verzon stores and 3 best buys, i findaly found a corporate sore who really wanted me to help me.
i had 21 months left on my contract from my samsung gs3 so i went into the store planning to purchase the 822 outright butthe gentleman said that they get more money if we dont purchase it outright. but as a high value customer (we have 7 verizon lines all 7 have the same contract length) heand his manager would give us an upgrade that would extend our contract another 6months but for $470 total after taxes they would give me the phone, 2 Jambox wireless speakers a black one and a red one, a choice of the otterbox, or the choice of 3 gell cases for the 822, and a screen protector. he said that if he sold the phone outright the corporate store would get almost nothing but if he rang us up with those items and gave amanagerial high value upgrade with the 6 month extension on thier contract verizon would make some money on that. for me extending my phones contract by 6 month didnt bother me and i have to say my wife loves using one of the speakers at work with her samsung galaxy s3 and i have the other in my office.
so that experience was great!
For the phone i will list my likes and dislikes.
1. LOVE how smooth the tile system is
2. LOVE how easy it is to get to the file within the phone
3. Was worried about the lower resolution on the screen being an issue but i love how well it looks watching video and reading books, i realized on a fabulous screen resolution doesnt mean much
4. for a phone the sound was grea and i couldnt block the speaker easily lwith my hand like i did with the htc 8x and my SGS3!
5. Love that i can turn the brightness down to a leval that it doesnt hurt my photosensative eyes at night before only the iphone could get down to a low enough to not be uncomfortable.
6. i like ie10 better than the various android browsers ive used and safari on my wifes ipad.
7. i like that for the first time with the desktop app im able to easily synch my itunes library to my phone!.
8. love most all of the nokia made apps,
now here are the things i dislike,
1.the slacker app, has alot less features and alot less stable than the android version and my wifes ios version.
2.the facebook experience with the 4 different facebook apps i tried and microsofts people hub really bite.
3.almost every you tube clone ive tired bites big time and unstable the only stable decent one i found was metro tube.
4.no good pintrest app the 3 clones i tried were very limmited in function and stability.
5 Amazon's kindle app is missing half of the feature of android and even more from ios. there is no dictionary look up feature, there is no anotation feature, no highlighting feature, no font choices. pretty much all basic functions of just about every ereader app out there besides googles sucky book app.
6. no hulu plus, no hbo 2go, (altho the netflix app works good)
7. xboxlive app frequently lockes up or crashed when trying to use it (its actually a common them of most all of the microsoft written apps so far in my experience)
8. this last one is a total deal breaker for me . NONE of the things above were enough to send me after another phone. there is no screen orientation lock. and microsfts support pages official resonse is that it wont be available for customers just a screen orientation available for developers to use in thier kit they buy. ive used ipod touches for 5 years, my 4 android phones, my ipad3, my wife lenovo yoga 13 windows 8 convertable tablet/ultrabook ALL have the ability to lock screen orientation!
for the love of all things electronic who at microsoft things its brilliant idea to prevent orientation locking on the phone to paying customer yet, let developers do it with a kit, or alow windows 8 tablets, windows rt tablets to lock orientation!
because i read in bed on my phone weather im at home or on a buisness trip the ability to NOT lock the orientation on my phone like just about every other electronic device on the planet. im forced to return this great phone and pay somoene else my good money. perhaps in a year or two microsoft will fix this but upon loking at various posts here and other places, screen orientation has been asked for on win phone 7 , win phone 7.5 devices and now in win phone 8 devices and not there. i most likely will be waiting for a while.