OtterBox - Disappointed?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else disappointed with the way the OtterBox attaches to the belt clip? I love the way it protects the phone, but the way the case attaches to the belt clip leaves something to be desired. I have dropped my phone at least a half a dozen times, and each time has been getting into or out of the car, and it was because the edge of the seat caused the phone to come off the belt clip. I'm pretty disappointed in how it attaches. It also leaves me concerned about how simple it would be for someone to steal it from my side in a crowded mall. For myself, that's not a huge concern, as I don't go to the mall all that often, andd don't like crowded places, but still, I'm in them occasionally, and this thing could be lifted easily. Not that I can see a real reason to steal a phone - all it takes is a call to the carrier and it's a worthless block of silicon and glass, but still, thieves are stupid. Good at what they do, but stupid.

Anyone else feel have this case have better luck with it?

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I looked at that case and for this very reason went with Verizon's holster combo case which I am very pleased with.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I had an otterbox on an HTC Rezound and I liked it. I didn't have any problems with it coming out of the belt clip. I though it was pretty secure.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Mine clips in there pretty securely. Haven't had a problem yet. Hate to ask, but do you have the curved retainers of the belt clip on the bottom (if worn horizontally)?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm wearing it kind of diagonally right now, but experimenting with different ways to see what works best. I still haven't found that sweet spot as far as what works best for getting it in and out with my hand, without having to fumble with it. =/ I've been using a verticle drop-in case with a magnetic flap closure for years, but this phone was too tall (without case) for my old case, and with a case on it there's just no way. I imagine I could probably find a larger one that might fit the OtterBox case into it, but wow, that would be big...

The other thing I'm kind of bugged about is the buttons. I'm finding that every couple days I'm taking the rubber skin off and trying to get the buttons of the case aligned a little better with the buttons on the phone. I wish they'd made the buttons on the case (the inside of the buttons) just a bit wider, because it seems like you press it, and there's a clicking sound as what seems to be the case button slipping off of the phone button. I may be wrong, but that's how it seems.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes those buttons work just great, and sometimes you have to press really hard, or they don't work at all.

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the otterbox will fit with the slightly larger wireless charging backplate that is available for the 822?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05