hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish..... So far, I'm not aware of anyone figuring out a way to get to the Internet Sharing setting, to either bring it to an app, like the network settings app (or whatever the name of it is), or the NFC. In order to get to a setting, Microsoft has to have exposed it in an API.

Also, since the security model of Windows Phone prohibits any app from changing any system setting, you cannot program a tag to turn any setting (let alone Internet Sharing, no matter how much I would love to do it) on or off. What you can do is program it to open the settings page of that setting. You actually have to do the setting manipulation.

Yeah, I know.......

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I think I like where you're going with this. Come home from work, set your phone on your wireless charging stand with nfc, and wireless sharing turns on? That would be handy.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Something like that. I'd like for the ringtones and sounds settings to be exposed as well. I bought 10 NFC tags this week from Amazon (be careful, though - they have to be NDEF formatted as WP can't format them (yet, I'm hoping) - I had to use a coworker's Galaxy SIII to format them - how embarassing). I've been playing with the NFCInteractor app. I'd like to have a sticker on my nightstand to tap and the sounds would open, so I can turn off toasts (at least until they come up with sound profiles), but the sound settings aren't exposed that I know of (haven't looked much yet, though). I'd like one in my car to turn BT on and off. And why not turn off WiFi while I'm in the car as well? One on the doorpost at church for people to silence their phones (like that'll ever happen) (but again, I don't think sounds are exposed). I don't really need one for Internet sharing, since it turns itself off after a few minutes of non-use, but I'd like to be able to pin it so I don't have to go into settings each time.

On the really fun side, my boss has a little Christmas tree on his desk, and I have one on the top of the bookshelf over my cube. We've been stealing each other's ornaments, giving each other a hard time, and I give him a hard time about his iPhone (actually I told him to get iPhone, because he's on Sprint, and he needed to get off of that Virus Phone Android, and this was before Sprint said they were going to get a WP8. So today I made a tag, and used NFCInteractor, and the same developer's NearSpeak, and have been harassing my boss with it.

I've programmed tags to say:
"Your iPhone is jealous of me because I am awesomely privileged to be a Windows Phone."
"I'd program an NFC tag to give you a map, but your iPhone can't read NFC tags OR maps."
I put a tag on his tree, "Oh, Christmas tree, Oh, Christmas tree, how embarassing to have a song about me, such a pathetic tree."​

Yes, I'm having a bit of fun at his expense.... :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs