How to sync with Windows XP and Zune

Matt Sharp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You can use this somewhat crummy app. Or just use WMP. I found WMP to be much better as it gets album art right which the other app seems to botch half the time. Alternately you can just browse the phone file structure and drag/drop you tunes into the music folder.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So I guess I need to upgrade to Windows 8 just to sync my new windows 8 phone to zune to get my music?!?!?!

If you are a Zune Pass (now XBOX Music pass or whatever they call it...) you're screwed. You can't get that subscription music on your WP8 device unless you just redownload it from your phone. Perfect example of silos at Microsoft. They are getting better, but they are not there yet....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can use this somewhat crummy app. Or just use WMP. I found WMP to be much better as it gets album art right which the other app seems to botch half the time. Alternately you can just browse the phone file structure and drag/drop you tunes into the music folder.

Somewhat crummy?? Sorry, Matt... You're setting the bar pretty low, there, aren't you? :wink:
Seriously, though, you can get it to sync with Zune? I only see options for libraries and iTunes. Please don't tell me I just went through all this iTunes garbage for nothing, in order to get the podcasts I subscribe to into my phone..... And without the album art???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3