Phone is duplicating videos, music & photos.

Grey NK 822

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My Nokia 822 is duplicating videos, music & some photos. All are loaded to the SD card. I have 3+ duplicates of the same music & videos, duplicating more every day! It does not seem to take up any more data space, but if you delete one of the copies, the others will not play! I have never seen anything like this before... any ideas?

Skydrive is turned off, all items were loaded to the card by hooking up the cable to W7 computer, drag & drop. Brand new Sandisk 64g class 10 card formatted to phone. Everything plays fine, but just keeps multiplying!

Also posted to WP8 forum.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Sandisk 32GB card yesterday and have had nothing but problems with it. First, the phone kept disconnecting as a USB drive while I was trying to transfer pictures onto it. When it all finally transferred, the phone's album viewer was showing dozens of copies of everything, even though the physical files were only on the card once. I pulled the card and stuck my ancient Kingston back in. Now I'm looking on Google to try to see what the problem is and I found this thread.

-Jeff

Grey NK 822

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had the phone since release, it is multiplying my music, video's and photo's like rabbits! It doesn't seem to be a card issue, and the only pictures it is multiplying are the ones i add to my favorites and only some of those. I get 10-12 copies of the ones it does copy though. It has duplicated some videos 3 times, but again not all of them. The music is where it went all out I have 10+ copies of the same songs, and again, only on some songs. IF you delete any of the copies of the music or videos, none of the other copies will play, i can delete the extra pictures. It does not do it all at once either, it adds one here and there and I have to go in and delete the extra pictures every couple of days. Funny thing is, it is not using up more of the memory card. Craziest thing I have ever seen. I love the phone, but this is very annoying!:angry:

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
My Nokia 822 is duplicating videos, music & some photos. All are loaded to the SD card. I have 3+ duplicates of the same music & videos, duplicating more every day! It does not seem to take up any more data space, but if you delete one of the copies, the others will not play! I have never seen anything like this before... any ideas?

Skydrive is turned off, all items were loaded to the card by hooking up the cable to W7 computer, drag & drop. Brand new Sandisk 64g class 10 card formatted to phone. Everything plays fine, but just keeps multiplying!

Also posted to WP8 forum.

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I am suffering the same here, music files duplicating no matter what I do. Very annoying as it stops you just listening to an album straight through. Fix it Microsoft / Nokia!

Grey NK 822

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Did a test last night, seems the Sandisk 64gb 10 speed card might be my issue.
Wifes phone white 822 has no issues at all with a Sandisk 32gb class 10 card. No duplicating & no choppy videos.
Put a Sandisk class 4 2gb card in my phone, and no choppy videos & will see if any duplications happen.
Returning the Sandisk 64gb card for a replacement. Sounds like Sandisk might have some bad cards. Fingers crossed.

DerChristian

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Do you have "connect to Xbox Music" enabled in the Music + Video settings? If yes, try the following:
1. Remove all your music
2. Disable the "connect to Xbox Music" setting (I also have the "Xbox Music could collection" setting disabled as well)
3. Put all your music back on

This has fixed the problem for me on my 820.

Note: The settings might have different names, I am guessing based on my german UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism