How to bring up number pad when I press Phone?

0pTicaL

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Everything time I press "Phone" icon to dial it always brings up my recent calls, it's annoying. I want to set the default to the number pad. Is there anyway to do this? I've searched all over Google, Bing, Yahoo and couldn't find an answer.

0pTicaL

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Not that I am aware of. You will have to press the number pad icon at the bottom to bring up the dial. Sorry.
Frank

Well, that's the problem. When pressing "Phone" the dial pad doesn't come up as default.

I bought an app called 7dialer that brings up the dial pad when pressed. It also gives quick access to favorite contacts.

Wow, you had to buy a app just for that? To think MS would have thought of this issue. It doesn't make much sense for dial history to come up when Phone is pressed. Wonder why the people who wrote this OS thought it was a good idea.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Probably because most people dial to frequent contacts more than by number these days, but an option I suppose is always good.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this not being an option either. Actually, what I miss more than instant access to the dialer, is the dialer itself not actually being able to bring up current contacts from the phone when you dial the corresponding letters on the num pad. Any 3rd party Apps that do this?

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used it and am not certain of how it works, but I noticed that Rap Dialer is a popular best rated app in the Windows Store. Consider trying it out to see if works better for you. It's free so seems like a good one to try before buying anything.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you had to buy a app just for that? To think MS would have thought of this issue. It doesn't make much sense for dial history to come up when Phone is pressed. Wonder why the people who wrote this OS thought it was a good idea.

I think they have a trial version.

Keep in mind, most people call the same people/family on a regular basis. So it's more convenient to have the history as the default view. "That" is probably why the people that wrote the os, thought it was a good idea. And like fwaits said, you're also gonna look up a contact and dial from there. Very seldom do I just dial a number from memory. Even the numbers I have memorized, ex. my wife, I've probably called her within a call or two and it's quicker to see the history view.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think they have a trial version.

Keep in mind, most people call the same people/family on a regular basis. So it's more convenient to have the history as the default view. "That" is probably why the people that wrote the os, thought it was a good idea. And like fwaits said, you're also gonna look up a contact and dial from there. Very seldom do I just dial a number from memory. Even the numbers I have memorized, ex. my wife, I've probably called her within a call or two and it's quicker to see the history view.

I agree that the history is a better default. For those who disagree it doesn't seem like it would be too hard for MS to create an option. I don't know how high this one is on their list of issues though.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I noticed this not being an option either. Actually, what I miss more than instant access to the dialer, is the dialer itself not actually being able to bring up current contacts from the phone when you dial the corresponding letters on the num pad. Any 3rd party Apps that do this?

Why wouldn't you just hit search instead of the dialpad button then type letters to find a contact?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

IDidn't buy the app for the dial pad, I bought it for the quick access to my most called contacts. The dial pad access is just a bonus, albeit a feature I don't use often.

SueBSouth

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I would like to inject just one very good reason why the dial pad vs. the call history coming up is a REALLY preferable.
Try calling 911
I don't know about you but that one isn't in my History for quick access. Just sayin'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss