Touch screen issues?

Kanazuchi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Today i went into a Verizon store to check out the 822 and 8x for replacing my trophy next month. While playing around with the demo models, I could not get the touch screen on either 822 or the 8x display models to work properly. They would not scroll very easily, and would click instead of scroll.

I was wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience with their 822, or if it was just a problem with their display models.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine, but I did try to use objects other than my fingers and it doesn't seem to work like it should. It's supposed to be super sensitive like the 920, but I'm not seeing that. Anyone else try it?

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine works fine, but I did try to use objects other than my fingers and it doesn't seem to work like it should. It's supposed to be super sensitive like the 920, but I'm not seeing that. Anyone else try it?
Mine works through a shirt and such, not with the tip of my nail or a pen or anything. To the OP, no my phone doesnt have any problems. The screen works just fine!

ontapbjt

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure screen sensitivity is turned on in the settings.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Make sure screen sensitivity is turned on in the settings.

The Lumia screens are capacitative, -- they only respond to a conductive stimulus like a finger which affects an electrical field on the screen. My 822 won't respond to a plastic tip or an eraser, but it does respond to a pen with a metal tip.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with this screen that I had with my Trophy (and I would expect all capacitive screens). In the winter my skin gets extremely dry, and hen it is I have trouble. If I lotion up, no problem. Lick a finger and wipe it off, no problem. But extremely dry, no capacitance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett