Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Can anybody tell me what is the best setting under cellular-mode selection??

Global
    LTE and CDMA
    LTE, GSM, or UMTS

Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts
    No offense but unless you are traveling internationally, I would suggest the best choice is pretty obvious when using a VZW phone. I don't quite know why anyone would even mess with the defaults provisioned by VZW setup. VZW is a CDMA and lLTE only network.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Stephen is right. You shouldn't have to mess with those at all. In fact if you go into an area that has no 4G coverage, it will default to 3G without you having to do anything.

Mine came defaulted to Global. I changed it to LTE-CDMA

I agree 100% about not messin with some stuff but mine was defaulted to Global and i set it to LTE and CDMA. I guess i was wondering what other 822 users was set to

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenPirate View Post
    Mine came defaulted to Global. I changed it to LTE-CDMA
    I did the same thing. I don't know if it makes that big of a difference but I get great service!

I just wish there was an option to turn LTE off because there are a few areas around where I work where I get 1 bar of LTE and it's slower than 3G. When I had my iPhone I would turn off LTE in those areas and I would get full bars of 3G which would actually be faster.

It should be CDMA - LTE unless you're traveling abroad.

A tip from the win mobile days on Verizon Global phones to improve battery life was to set the phone radios to CDMA only. I noticed that by default the 822 was set to Global...I like others have posted to set it to CDMA and LTE. This should have a positive effect on battery life by turning off the other radios.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer0294 View Post
    A tip from the win mobile days on Verizon Global phones to improve battery life was to set the phone radios to CDMA only. I noticed that by default the 822 was set to Global...I like others have posted to set it to CDMA and LTE. This should have a positive effect on battery life by turning off the other radios.
    That makes sense I guess.