I just realized why I like the 822 design so much...

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Does this picture remind anyone else of the KIN TWO?

lumia822-dsc04123-review.jpg

KIN TWO (for reference):
KIN_TWO_508.jpg

I had that phone and I loved how it had wifi without a data plan. I wish Microsoft had refined that product line..

But it's a nostalgic design for me and I love it.

Attachments

• lumia822-dsc04123-review.jpg
    lumia822-dsc04123-review.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 182

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think the 822 has a much better design than the boxy 810. And I also owned a Kin TWOm. :D

The TWOm was my baby xD

The 822 is a worthy successor and I'm glad to see WP inspired by Microsoft's little Kin project. I hope Nokia continues this form factor in future models (along with the boxy kind of course; yay choice!).

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The TWOm was my baby xD

The 822 is a worthy successor and I'm glad to see WP inspired by Microsoft's little Kin project. I hope Nokia continues this form factor in future models (along with the boxy kind of course; yay choice!).

While there is a superficial resemblance for those who want to see one, I would be hard pressed to see how the word "inspired" applies. The only things Kin inspired were two years worth of poor Microsoft/Verizon relations and unnecessary negativity towards WP7 out of the box. Any similarity of form is purely coincidental.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It isn't as bad in person as the pictures but it is still not as sexy as other nokias. It is function over form. Great specs and although the 810 looks better the 822 has a much better feel in the hand.

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
That keyboard on the Kin TWO looks sweet.

For someone with large hands, the spaced out keys were great. It took some getting used to because it was so different, but it was awesome..

And while it might not be inspired, like you said stephen, it's a superficial resemblance that causes me to like the 822 better (because I have good memories from the TWOm)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Man, do NOT let Microsoft executives see this thread... they will push Nokia to stop production like IMMEDIATELY!! I never even seen a KIN in real life. Kinda like the Bald Eagle- know they are out there, just haven't seen them in flight.

I need to get to a Verizon store to play with a 822. I like the basic design. The AT&T shop I went to only had a 920 and an inactive 8X. So far, no 820 to compare either. Will be fun to get to see them all.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a kin two :D
awesome camera and i love the little Cloud features and online album thing...microsoft should bring that back and integrate into Skydrive.

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My daughter had the Kin TwoM - twice. She loved the phone, but the hardware was shoddy. very temperamental and pls don't drop them. Otherwise, it was a good cross of a phone with Zune music capability. Don't see the design match other than a rounded back and being gray though. The only issue I have for the design of the 822 is the back. I find that the edges seem a little rough, but I will take the tradeoff for a replaceable battery and a SD card. BTW, she got my Trophy when I got the 822. Now what will VZW have in February when my next contract comes up for replacement?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99