Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By fusioncept
  • 1 Post By the_stig#WN
  • 1 Post By fusioncept
  • 1 Post By stephen_az
  • 1 Post By Superboy Micah

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Does this picture remind anyone else of the KIN TWO?

KIN TWO (for reference):

I had that phone and I loved how it had wifi without a data plan. I wish Microsoft had refined that product line..

But it's a nostalgic design for me and I love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lumia822-dsc04123-review.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    HeyCori likes this.

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts
    I'm speachless
    Thanked by:
    fusioncept likes this.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Yeah, I think the 822 has a much better design than the boxy 810. And I also owned a Kin TWOm. :D

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    The 822 rests in your hand comfortably..
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Yeah, I think the 822 has a much better design than the boxy 810. And I also owned a Kin TWOm. :D
    The TWOm was my baby xD

The 822 is a worthy successor and I'm glad to see WP inspired by Microsoft's little Kin project. I hope Nokia continues this form factor in future models (along with the boxy kind of course; yay choice!).
    HeyCori likes this.

Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fusioncept View Post
    The TWOm was my baby xD

The 822 is a worthy successor and I'm glad to see WP inspired by Microsoft's little Kin project. I hope Nokia continues this form factor in future models (along with the boxy kind of course; yay choice!).
    While there is a superficial resemblance for those who want to see one, I would be hard pressed to see how the word "inspired" applies. The only things Kin inspired were two years worth of poor Microsoft/Verizon relations and unnecessary negativity towards WP7 out of the box. Any similarity of form is purely coincidental.
    willied likes this.

It isn't as bad in person as the pictures but it is still not as sexy as other nokias. It is function over form. Great specs and although the 810 looks better the 822 has a much better feel in the hand.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    That keyboard on the Kin TWO looks sweet.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    For someone with large hands, the spaced out keys were great. It took some getting used to because it was so different, but it was awesome..

And while it might not be inspired, like you said stephen, it's a superficial resemblance that causes me to like the 822 better (because I have good memories from the TWOm)

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Looks a lot like the Sidekick Slide I used to have... Good keyboard, very clickly.

t-mobile-sidekick-lx-slide-press-03.jpg

Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Man, do NOT let Microsoft executives see this thread... they will push Nokia to stop production like IMMEDIATELY!! I never even seen a KIN in real life. Kinda like the Bald Eagle- know they are out there, just haven't seen them in flight.

I need to get to a Verizon store to play with a 822. I like the basic design. The AT&T shop I went to only had a 920 and an inactive 8X. So far, no 820 to compare either. Will be fun to get to see them all.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    I had a kin two :D
    awesome camera and i love the little Cloud features and online album thing...microsoft should bring that back and integrate into Skydrive.
    fusioncept likes this.

My daughter had the Kin TwoM - twice. She loved the phone, but the hardware was shoddy. very temperamental and pls don't drop them. Otherwise, it was a good cross of a phone with Zune music capability. Don't see the design match other than a rounded back and being gray though. The only issue I have for the design of the 822 is the back. I find that the edges seem a little rough, but I will take the tradeoff for a replaceable battery and a SD card. BTW, she got my Trophy when I got the 822. Now what will VZW have in February when my next contract comes up for replacement?????

my roommate has a kin 1, and im talking her into getting the 822. my whole house will be wp8 soon enough hahahha