Power button

Jimmy Smalls

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their power button is starting to sink in lower and lower.

I used to have an HTC Thunderbolt and it did the same thing. Had to take it apart and add another piece of rubber eventually.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their power button is starting to sink in lower and lower.

I used to have an HTC Thunderbolt and it did the same thing. Had to take it apart and add another piece of rubber eventually.

Interesting. My power button is noticeably lower then my volume. Are you asking only because it is lower then the volume keys? Maybe it was that way to begin with?

marantaz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine is lower as well... maybe it's designed that way to help prevent accidentally activating the screen, and we just didn't notice the height difference before?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine is lower as well... maybe it's designed that way to help prevent accidentally activating the screen, and we just didn't notice the height difference before?

That's my guess too.

I haven't noticed it "sinking" at all though. I do wish it was "clickier" like the 920 but it works fine for me.

Jimmy Smalls

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I will be modding the button with a bit of extra rubber or something. I know it has been sinking in, I compared it to a brand new one yesterday. Not a deal breaker by any means, but it does bug me. It is almost flush with the rest of the phone. Off to find a tear down!

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
My wife's button on hers is seems to be "sinking" into the handset. It is definitely pushed in lower than the power button on my phone. I'm worried that it is going to fail.

fatalpuls3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I felt it this past Friday and I thought it was lower as well. it still works but unsure if its a design flaw or by design

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My wife's button on hers is seems to be "sinking" into the handset. It is definitely pushed in lower than the power button on my phone. I'm worried that it is going to fail.

Instead of worrying that it might fail, perhaps it might be a bit more practical to contact customer service....

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think I will be modding the button with a bit of extra rubber or something. I know it has been sinking in, I compared it to a brand new one yesterday. Not a deal breaker by any means, but it does bug me. It is almost flush with the rest of the phone. Off to find a tear down!

So instead of having a device that is under warranty serviced or replaced, you are going to void the warranty? I am at a loss to see how there could possibly be any logic to tearing down an under warranty phone when you will probably take more time than would be required on the phone with customer service....

Jimmy Smalls

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
well, to be perfectly honest, its fun for me. I love tearing apart gadgets..

I have never owned a piece of electronics that I have never opened. Maybe thats why I became an electrical engineer...

so in short..void stickers do not scare me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786