Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    Red is the one on the far right, "Verizon Red" is the one at the very end on the bottom. On the phone they look the same - they really do! This is a screen cap and for some reason now that I have saved it to my computer they do look different.

wp_ss_20121203_0001.png

Verizon added their own red to the theme colors? Of the two reds you mentioned, I like the Verizon Red, but prefer the sort of red garnet color next to the regular red. Even though they looked similar when looking at the grid, did they look any different when you applied the theme?

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nwildcat View Post
    Verizon added their own red to the theme colors? Of the two reds you mentioned, I like the Verizon Red, but prefer the sort of red garnet color next to the regular red. Even though they looked similar when looking at the grid, did they look any different when you applied the theme?
    No they don't look any different on the phone :( They are both a bright red. Im guessing it's a "limitation" of the AMOLED screen. I'm curious how the 8X's LCD 2 screen shows the colors.

Both reds look the same to me on my phone as well.
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    hmm i can see a difference in the verizon red and the regular red. maybe i am looking to close though. the only thing i can tell on screen is that the verizon red is a little more washed out and not as bright if u will. thats what ive been noticing. maybe my eyes are just weird who knows

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    I can tell a slight difference on the phone. The Verizon red is slightly darker, but they are weirdly close.

Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliZorah View Post
    Red is the one on the far right, "Verizon Red" is the one at the very end on the bottom. On the phone they look the same - they really do! This is a screen cap and for some reason now that I have saved it to my computer they do look different.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20121203_0001.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	24106
    You may perceive them the same but that has more to do with the fact that there is some variation in how different people perceive subtle hues and intensities of primary colors. They are most definitely different hues and FWIW I can easily tell the difference on the phone. Granted, I am an archaeologist and have spent quite a bit of time over the years looking at Munsell color charts. To you they may look the same but they are different. In fact, I find he orange-ish tone of the Office tile to be really annoying in combination with the Verizon red and slightly less so with the standard red. Still annoying but just a bit less....

According to GIMP:

Red:
    H=5
    S=100
    V=90
    R=229
    G=20
    B=0
    HTML notation=e51400

Verizon Red:
    H=0
    S=81
    V=84
    R=214
    G=40
    B=40
    HTML notation=d62828

So yes, they are different.

To me they look slightly different, but yes different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    According to GIMP:

Red:
    H=5
    S=100
    V=90
    R=229
    G=20
    B=0
    HTML notation=e51400

Verizon Red:
    H=0
    S=81
    V=84
    R=214
    G=40
    B=40
    HTML notation=d62828

So yes, they are different.
    Interesting, on the Verizon Trophy, "verizon" is FF0000 and "red" is E51400. I got those values straight from the registry, back when I had a working registry editor. I wonder if Verizon slightly changed their color, or if the screenshot didn't quite capture it accurately.