Button Lights Turn On and Off While Using the Phone

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
So I've noticed my capacitive button lights turn on and off on their own while I'm using the phone. I think I saw a 920 owner who had the same problem. Any 822 owners having this problem?

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this same problem as well...they don't flicker on and off....they will be off for a minute, then I'll hit the home button and go into another app and then they'll turn on.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your brightness set to automatic? Its prob the sensor adjusting to the light to determine if the buttons need to stay on or not

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I notice if I dont move it like while watching a movie they turn off, but once I move it they'll turn on. Seems like a good thing to me.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this same problem as well...they don't flicker on and off....they will be off for a minute, then I'll hit the home button and go into another app and then they'll turn on.

It's just like that. One minute they'll be on, the next their off.

Do you have your brightness set to automatic? Its prob the sensor adjusting to the light to determine if the buttons need to stay on or not

Yes, but I don't see why that would be the reason when I'm in the same spot and it happens. Maybe the sensitivity needs to be tweaked a bit. Hopefully Nokia can fix it in an update.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be some confusion on this, I wondered why mine are always lit when phone is in use but others report that they turn off after a min or so, talked to Nokia customer service and they said it is supposed to turn off after a min and I could file a warranty claim, but it's not worth being without my phone for three weeks and it doesn't seem to effect the phone at all and really doesn't bother me lol

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be some confusion on this, I wondered why mine are always lit when phone is in use but others report that they turn off after a min or so, talked to Nokia customer service and they said it is supposed to turn off after a min and I could file a warranty claim, but it's not worth being without my phone for three weeks and it doesn't seem to effect the phone at all and really doesn't bother me lol

I just checked out my phone, and whenever I wake it the lights turn on then off right away. I'll do some more testing.

I also put my finger over the light sensor, and they turn on when I do that. Interesting. It would be nice if they'd give you the option to turn them off when watching a video or just whenever you want them to be off.

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I turned my display to the brightest setting instead of having it on automatic like someone mentioned above....seemed to have solved this issue

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I turned my display to the brightest setting instead of having it on automatic like someone mentioned above....seemed to have solved this issue

Alright. I do like having it automatic, though, and it works really well on the 822. Much better than my Trophy did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa