Just grabbed a Lumia 822, can not send a text picture??

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what's going on and I'm hoping this isn't the norm with this phone trying to text a pic? Reminds of the old Android days. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Not the norm at all. I had this issue for about an hour and it cleard itself after I rebooted the phone. Havent had a problem since. You might want to try that. Or since you just got it, try a factory reset now since you probably dont have much loaded.

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. It appears to only happen (to me anyways) with photos I've taken with the camera. Photos that are preloaded seem to go out just fine. I've already factory reset the phone. Haven't called VZ yet.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Always fascinates me when people ask whether something a defect or some other obvious problem with their device is the norm. I am waiting for the day that someone posts a photo of a crushed phone with a shattered screen, asking whether everyone's looks the same.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Always fascinates me when people ask whether something a defect or some other obvious problem with their device is the norm. I am waiting for the day that someone posts a photo of a crushed phone with a shattered screen, asking whether everyone's looks the same.
I posted the thread because it's happening a lot on the 920 and on the 822, that's what the forum is for, to ask questions and get answers, especially since I just got the phone.

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you try turning off wifi? Mine only sends if wifi is off. Even if I have the same cell signal with wifi on it will fail.

daniel nensel

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My wifes phone does the same thing. Have reset the phone twice and it works after that. for a while. My best guess would be that some portion of the OS crashed and just didn't restart correctly. Since MMS is sent via a cellular gateway it mgiht be worth trying toggling airplane mode and see if that reset the cellular stack. (i plan to try this on my wifes phone if/when it happens again).

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed rebooting fixes a lot of little bugs when they come up. I wonder if they will get polished out in the next update, Portico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99