I want to keep some Facebook contacts, but not all of them.

hnv43730

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I looked and looked and it seems that when it comes to the people hub the Nokia lumia 822 is very black or white. I can filter my contacts, but I can only get rid of them completely or deal with them all. There are certain people I would like to keep in my contacts list from facebook and some people I would like to get rid of. Is there any way to do this? Do I have to get rid of them all completely or am I stuck keeping them all?

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Assuming WP8 carried this over (it'd be weird if they didn't), you can link profiles. For example, lets say you have Anne as a Facebook contact you want to keep. First create a contact listing for Anne on your phone > change the filters to show all your Facebook contents > link Anne's contact from your phone to Anne's Facebook info > change filters to stop showing Facebook contacts. Now you'll have Anne showing up in your contacts with her Facebook info, and no other Facebook contacts will be listed.

To link a contact, when you're looking at a contact, the link icon is the one the bottom in the middle that looks like ... Well, a link. So far, that's the only way I know you can filter Facebook contacts. Hope this helps.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Assuming WP8 carried this over (it'd be weird if they didn't), you can link profiles. For example, lets say you have Anne as a Facebook contact you want to keep. First create a contact listing for Anne on your phone > change the filters to show all your Facebook contents > link Anne's contact from your phone to Anne's Facebook info > change filters to stop showing Facebook contacts. Now you'll have Anne showing up in your contacts with her Facebook info, and no other Facebook contacts will be listed.

To link a contact, when you're looking at a contact, the link icon is the one the bottom in the middle that looks like ... Well, a link. So far, that's the only way I know you can filter Facebook contacts. Hope this helps.

During he process of linking, you don't have to temporarily show the facebook contacts. When you open a local contact, you can just press the link icon and it'll automatically allow you to link to contacts in any of your social accounts. In fact if the name is similar, and the phone number/email address is the same, it'll link them for you automatically. When it links, it'll show their picture from their social account.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I looked and looked and it seems that when it comes to the people hub the Nokia lumia 822 is very black or white. I can filter my contacts, but I can only get rid of them completely or deal with them all. There are certain people I would like to keep in my contacts list from facebook and some people I would like to get rid of. Is there any way to do this? Do I have to get rid of them all completely or am I stuck keeping them all?
Erase them from your Facebook account on your computer and problem solved you won't see any of them anymore:straight:
I imagine that you know how to unfriend people on facebook

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Erase them from your Facebook account on your computer and problem solved you won't see any of them anymore:straight:
I imagine that you know how to unfriend people on facebook

I hope you're joking. You can have friend's on Facebook that you wouldn't normally call or text.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree this is an issue to be resolved. I should be able to check those Facebook, Linkedin or other source Contacts that i don't want displayed in my Contacts list. I don't want to have to unfreind, or eliminate some people from my Facebook, Linkedin or other account just to minimize who shows up in my Contacts list.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree this is an issue to be resolved. I should be able to check those Facebook, Linkedin or other source Contacts that i don't want displayed in my Contacts list. I don't want to have to unfreind, or eliminate some people from my Facebook, Linkedin or other account just to minimize who shows up in my Contacts list.

Easy to do that now. Filter to display local contacts only. Then create a contact with a name that matches your Facebook/LinkedIn contact and then link the two. The properties from the social account will automatically fill in.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

You can still set your phone to filter the FB contacts. You're not getting rid of the contact, they just aren't being displayed. If you have a FB friend you want to call, you just hit the magnifying glass and search for them vs. scrolling through the list. Keeps the contact list thinned out so it is easy to scroll through your "local" contacts.

jfo7404

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to do the same thing. My solution go into the contact I wanted to keep and hit edit. A message says you cannot edit the actual Facebook contact but does give you the option to change info that will be displayed in the card. This step auto sets up and links a hotmail contact to the Facebook (I typically added the phone number). When all done, unselect Facebook from the filter. Not as easy as checking off the contacts but didn't take too long either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720