Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. hnv43730's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
       #1  
    Hey, I looked and looked and it seems that when it comes to the people hub the Nokia lumia 822 is very black or white. I can filter my contacts, but I can only get rid of them completely or deal with them all. There are certain people I would like to keep in my contacts list from facebook and some people I would like to get rid of. Is there any way to do this? Do I have to get rid of them all completely or am I stuck keeping them all?
  2. zoo7287's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #2  
    I sure hope you get an answer because I have the same problem. I'm on HTC 8x, though.
  3. KLinCHI's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #3  
    Assuming WP8 carried this over (it'd be weird if they didn't), you can link profiles. For example, lets say you have Anne as a Facebook contact you want to keep. First create a contact listing for Anne on your phone > change the filters to show all your Facebook contents > link Anne's contact from your phone to Anne's Facebook info > change filters to stop showing Facebook contacts. Now you'll have Anne showing up in your contacts with her Facebook info, and no other Facebook contacts will be listed.

    To link a contact, when you're looking at a contact, the link icon is the one the bottom in the middle that looks like ... Well, a link. So far, that's the only way I know you can filter Facebook contacts. Hope this helps.
  4. Mr. Brown's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    221 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KLinCHI View Post
    Assuming WP8 carried this over (it'd be weird if they didn't), you can link profiles. For example, lets say you have Anne as a Facebook contact you want to keep. First create a contact listing for Anne on your phone > change the filters to show all your Facebook contents > link Anne's contact from your phone to Anne's Facebook info > change filters to stop showing Facebook contacts. Now you'll have Anne showing up in your contacts with her Facebook info, and no other Facebook contacts will be listed.

    To link a contact, when you're looking at a contact, the link icon is the one the bottom in the middle that looks like ... Well, a link. So far, that's the only way I know you can filter Facebook contacts. Hope this helps.
    During he process of linking, you don't have to temporarily show the facebook contacts. When you open a local contact, you can just press the link icon and it'll automatically allow you to link to contacts in any of your social accounts. In fact if the name is similar, and the phone number/email address is the same, it'll link them for you automatically. When it links, it'll show their picture from their social account.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hnv43730 View Post
    Hey, I looked and looked and it seems that when it comes to the people hub the Nokia lumia 822 is very black or white. I can filter my contacts, but I can only get rid of them completely or deal with them all. There are certain people I would like to keep in my contacts list from facebook and some people I would like to get rid of. Is there any way to do this? Do I have to get rid of them all completely or am I stuck keeping them all?
    Erase them from your Facebook account on your computer and problem solved you won't see any of them anymore
    I imagine that you know how to unfriend people on facebook
  6. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    713 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Erase them from your Facebook account on your computer and problem solved you won't see any of them anymore
    I imagine that you know how to unfriend people on facebook
    I hope you're joking. You can have friend's on Facebook that you wouldn't normally call or text.
  7. chasvs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts
    #7  
    I agree this is an issue to be resolved. I should be able to check those Facebook, Linkedin or other source Contacts that i don't want displayed in my Contacts list. I don't want to have to unfreind, or eliminate some people from my Facebook, Linkedin or other account just to minimize who shows up in my Contacts list.
  8. Mr. Brown's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    221 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by chasvs View Post
    I agree this is an issue to be resolved. I should be able to check those Facebook, Linkedin or other source Contacts that i don't want displayed in my Contacts list. I don't want to have to unfreind, or eliminate some people from my Facebook, Linkedin or other account just to minimize who shows up in my Contacts list.
    Easy to do that now. Filter to display local contacts only. Then create a contact with a name that matches your Facebook/LinkedIn contact and then link the two. The properties from the social account will automatically fill in.
  9. 11B1P's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hnv43730 View Post
    Hey, I looked and looked and it seems that when it comes to the people hub the Nokia lumia 822 is very black or white. I can filter my contacts, but I can only get rid of them completely or deal with them all. There are certain people I would like to keep in my contacts list from facebook and some people I would like to get rid of. Is there any way to do this? Do I have to get rid of them all completely or am I stuck keeping them all?
    You can still set your phone to filter the FB contacts. You're not getting rid of the contact, they just aren't being displayed. If you have a FB friend you want to call, you just hit the magnifying glass and search for them vs. scrolling through the list. Keeps the contact list thinned out so it is easy to scroll through your "local" contacts.
  10. jfo7404's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #10  
    Wanted to do the same thing. My solution go into the contact I wanted to keep and hit edit. A message says you cannot edit the actual Facebook contact but does give you the option to change info that will be displayed in the card. This step auto sets up and links a hotmail contact to the Facebook (I typically added the phone number). When all done, unselect Facebook from the filter. Not as easy as checking off the contacts but didn't take too long either.

Similar Threads

  1. It wants to update an app i do not have?
    By jtzako in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 09:17 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 10:18 AM
  4. I want to love the phone, but
    By herdofem in forum Samsung Focus 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions