MEID - IMEI Numbers

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just discovered that the 822 only has a IMEI number....which means it cannot be activated with a Verizon MVNO wireless provider. Anyone one have any ideas, as I do not want to pay VZ over $100 a month ? Does this mean I have a phone that cannot be used.....guess I am still suffering from shock :)

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Just discovered that the 822 only has a IMEI number....which means it cannot be activated with a Verizon MVNO wireless provider. Anyone one have any ideas, as I do not want to pay VZ over $100 a month ? Does this mean I have a phone that cannot be used.....guess I am still suffering from shock :)

I didn't think Verizon really had any MVNOs. I see they have a few, but not much.

I think it only has the IMEI due to the international aspect of the phone and Verizon's gradual move away from CDMA2000. The number is listed as MEID/IMEI on the back, so it may work still, though.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this helps but if you go to settings then about -> more info, it list a PRL-ID, MEID, MDN and the IMEI.

Thanks..appreciate your response......yes the MIED listed, is just the IMEI minus the last digit ....tried that, and still does not work. VZ has a strangle-hold on all newer phones that have a 4G capability (I would be perfectly happy with 3 G data). I am sure over time they will either allow MVNO's to have newer phone access..... or at least come up with a flash system. Until that happens, one 822 is just sitting here with no phone/text service. Everything else works great !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720