How good is the signal on 822?

Bluegrizzlies01

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 love the phone hate the poor signal i get driving in fringe areas.
I know in the past nokia had strong signal on verizon.
Im very curious about windows operating system i like android im tired of apple had to jailbreak to make apple fun for me.
But for me now its signal im looking for and my past experience i doubt very much the htc 8x is an option htc has bad signal.
Looking for advice and thanks

luke6494

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
coming from sprint to verizon i can tell you that the 822 has amazing signal. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and i have lte everywhere. i dont live in a major city area either. i live in the country and the nearest large town is about 20 minutes away. Considering all this i would say it is amazing. not once have i failed to send a text, pic, or make a call. You should have no issues at all

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the Ip5 and it was great on service, sold that for an S3 that lasted a day because of its poor cell service and now with the 822 I get great service everywhere including my work building which doesnt happen often on any carrier.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's much better. The VZW Galaxy Nexus had horrible, horrible, horrible signal, which drove me back to the 4S, then I went with the GS3 and that was much better, but I would consider it low to mid range in the signal department. The 822 is mid to high. I don't have any issues at my desk which I did with my GS3.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The 822 is pretty solid. I can watch youtube on mine at work and people with the GS3 on Verizon can't. I suspect the 8X is probably about as good as the 822 because I rezound that my wife is using now and they are pretty comparable on reception.

Bluegrizzlies01

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
my experience has been the old moto and nokia phones had great signal. Lg sammy htc was just ok nothing to get excited about.

Where is the best place to get an 822 off contract for a decent price

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's much better. The VZW Galaxy Nexus had horrible, horrible, horrible signal, which drove me back to the 4S, then I went with the GS3 and that was much better, but I would consider it low to mid range in the signal department. The 822 is mid to high. I don't have any issues at my desk which I did with my GS3.

+1 to the poor signal on the Galaxy Nexus. The 822 blows it away so far!

phantom404

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'v had really good reception with mine. When I go visit the parents I drop off to barely 3g and it still works pretty well. I do however start to receive double text sometimes when the single is bad though...I think thats pretty much a Verizon thing though.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'v had really good reception with mine. When I go visit the parents I drop off to barely 3g and it still works pretty well. I do however start to receive double text sometimes when the single is bad though...I think thats pretty much a Verizon thing though.

I get the double text thing whenever I go to Canada, at least with my feature phone I know I did. The signal isn't nearly as good there. It's pretty annoying.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It's been perfect for me so far. My Trophy was quite good with it's signal as well.

I find it interesting that half the Trophy owners had good receptions with theirs. My original and three replacements were horrible, probably the worst phones I've ever had as far as reception. Needless to say the 822 is considerably better in reception for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3