On vacation: odd issues with data

bigdjunk

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I just want to toss this out there in hopes that the collective can help identify if I have a problem with my phone, or if it is a user error.

In the past, I never had issues when visiting my family in Florida with my previous phones. They just worked. I live in NY btw.

When I arrive in Florida yesterday, while in the airplane, I checked my phone and I had a decent LTE connection. I clicked on my office mail and it couldn't connect. I then checked my gmail and verizon mail with the same results.

I then checked my settings and saw that option to used data while roaming. My gut said I didn't need it but I turned it on for giggles. I couldn't. My phone was in a froze state, so I powered it off and on again. When I did, it worked. Odd..

So I get my rental car and fire up the Nokia app to navigate me to my parents. It got me there fine and when I arrived, I went to check email again but couldn't connect. I again went into setting and tried to turn on data roaming and this this I was able to. Didn't help. I turned that setting back off and for giggles, I rebooted my phone again. That worked. I was able to get my email again.

My phone has worked flawlessly until I arrived in Florida. Does anyone have any clues on what might be going on here? Why would my data plan not work suddenly? It shows I always have an LTE signal.

Thanks in advance.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
in those same settings you where in under mode selection try LTE and CDMA if it is set to global

i was on a little road trip and noticed i couldn't connect to surf web or some apps would not update even though the phone was showing decent service i made that switch and things got better

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
On the first couple trips I went on my phone was a little crazy. It has been fine since I uninstalled the beta version of Skype and turned data roaming on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb