Wireless backplate contacts - what are they for?

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question, but does anyone know what the row of four contacts are on the wireless backplate? I assume that is how the battery charges wirelessly, but why are there four? I would assume it only needs two, a positive and negative, but could it be two positive and two negative?

On the same note, what are the two contacts for towards the top? I thought it may be for the flash since those are on both the normal and wireless, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to wpcentral member TaliZorah for the picture.
backplate contacts.jpg

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The four are for the wireless charging. You have to get a wireless charging cover, which will have contacts, and that's what the wireless charging will use to charge the battery with a wireless charging plate/cover. The top two are for NFC.

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The four are for the wireless charging. You have to get a wireless charging cover, which will have contacts, and that's what the wireless charging will use to charge the battery with a wireless charging plate/cover. The top two are for NFC.

Thanks for the response. Do you know why there are four contacts for the battery? Do you know which ones are positive/negative or how can I find that info?

Thanks

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, sorry.

But it has nothing to do with antenna. If you look in one of the booklets that came with the phone you'll see where the two antennae are located. These four contacts are solely for the inductive coil that is in the charging cover for wireless charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon