Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tcedwards

Got my 822 yesterday. Unboxed it, and started playing around. All I have to say is that I LOVE IT. it is amazing, the best smartphone expirence I've ever had. (I've had a droid x and a droid razr, carried an iPod touch for years so I have some iOS time also). The os is amazing.

For everyone that has problem with music or uses iTunes like it do, I'm sorry, its a b***h. But after pulling my hair out for about 3 hours I found a problem.
    (Used the WinPhone8 desktop app, had to go into iTunes folder and delete the iTunesLibrary.xml file , this file sometime causes syncing problems for iTunes and other software, restarted iTunes and the desktop app worked like a charm)

People Hub is fun, still prefer the twitter/facebook apps

Overall my expirence with the 822 has been good, after the iTunes hiccup I've loved every minute with this phone. Anyone that is on the edge of buying one I highly recommend it. Ofcourse coming from Android the app selection isn't as big, but the only way it can go is up. The only app I couldn't find in the Windows Store was Pulse (best android app ever) but hopefully one will come someday
    willied likes this.

Glad you're enjoying it and worked out your syncing issues. I've had my just shy of a week and I'm loving mine as well.

Pulse is a news reader, right? If so, check out Weave News Reader as a possible substitute.

Tried out Weave, and I'm pretty sure its not a possible substitute, it is the substitute lol

I am loving mine and I a coming from years of Iphones from the 3g to the 5 and 5 different Android phones. This thing just rocks and I am very happy to learn the new OS that is WP8 :)

we had the pulse app but they pulled it i think they were reworking it for wp8 or making a compatible browser version or something. But since then i've switched to the news360 app which i like better than pulse

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I love Pulse too man. What I do as a workaround for now is I just pinned the web app on my start screen. The mobile site works similar to the app (more like a smaller version of the desktop browser app) but--especially with the minimalistic IE browser, it feels like an app

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    I got mine Thurs. I love the size. But, I'm seeing problems with text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    I got mine Thurs. I love the size. But, I'm seeing problems with text messages.
    Are you on wifi? and is it with iPhones?
    Thanked by:
    11B1P 

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    Are you on wifi? and is it with iPhones?
    actually, it seems to fail when I'm not on Wifi. If I reboot the phone, it works for a little bit. I'm ready to perform a hard reset, I just need to know if I should remove the sim card first.

This is the Nokia 822.
    Edit: I think I miss understood your question. At home on WiFi, I receive my wife's texts from her iPhone. Here at work (no WiFi) her iPhone and a coworkers iPhone don't alert me. Humm, I'm going to have another coworker that doesn't have an iPhone, text me.
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 12-16-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: more info

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    actually, it seems to fail when I'm not on Wifi. If I reboot the phone, it works for a little bit. I'm ready to perform a hard reset, I just need to know if I should remove the sim card first.

This is the Nokia 822.
    Edit: I think I miss understood your question. At home on WiFi, I receive my wife's texts from her iPhone. Here at work (no WiFi) her iPhone and a coworkers iPhone don't alert me. Humm, I'm going to have another coworker that doesn't have an iPhone, text me.
    Who's your carrier? I get texts from friends with iPhones just fine. Could this be carrier related?

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I bought the 822 as a secondary phone to my Nexus, and so far I really like it. I've had it for about a week, and after a few days of adjusting to the whole idea of tiles, it's a lot better than I expected it to be.

The phone itself and the OS being great were a welcome relief. Waiting for the app store to fill up is going to be the trying part of using the phone.

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    Who's your carrier? I get texts from friends with iPhones just fine. Could this be carrier related?
    It seems to be intermittent. Texts from a coworkers iPhone is working now, well for now.

Verizon

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    It seems to be intermittent. Texts from a coworkers iPhone is working now, well for now.

Verizon
    Something similar happened to me - I had an iphone4 before the 822, and it seemed like that some of my friends with Iphones, their devices kept trying to use iMessage, which of course would not be delivered to my 822. Make sure that they are sending a text message to your phone#, and not using imessage via your apple id (assuming you had a iphone before your lumia).
    Thanked by:
    11B1P 

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle View Post
    .....(assuming you had a iphone before your lumia).
    Heavens no. I had an HTC Trophy prior to the Lumia, webOS prior to that, never an iPhone ;)

Talked with Verizon earlier. We reset my phone (no need to remove sim card), I've downloaded my apps and all seems to be good. May have just been a glitch. Hopefully the reset fixed it.

glad you guys like it! I just bought mine yesterday. I really like it so far, no reboot problems, no texting problems (that I know of?) and battery life seems pretty solid so far, and should only get better. I actually even am happy with the app store so far, the nokia exclusive for ESPN Fantasy Football is huge for me, even though the season is about over. Nokia music is awesome so far too, I love being able to save a playlist for offline mode