Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gapost

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    I dropped my 822 on blacktop while getting out of my truck today. It bounced pretty good and ended up face down. Was almost afraid to pick it up. When I did, screen was in one piece, with some dings on about three corners and on a front corner. There was a very small, very light scratch in the upper left corner of the glass, but you can't see it unless you were looking for it. Otherwise, the screen is still perfect. I don't use a case and it's not the first time I've dropped it, but it was the most significant drop. I lightly sanded the rough spots and you can hardly tell it was dinged (poly case helps with that).

So, I don't know what the moral of the story is, but I just wanted people to know the 822 seems pretty durable.
    Thanked by:
    willied likes this.
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Congrats on surviving the bounce and walking away with just a few dings.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Yesterday I dropped my caseless 822 down one story onto a vinyl tile floor.

Amazingly enough it survived almost completely except a little bit of the white colored plastic chipped in the upper-right front area.

Long version:
    I was changing the from a podcast to music and went to put it back in my pocket and fumbled it out of my hands. Unfortunately I was standing next to a railing that overlooks a lower floor. It hits the floor that I was standing on, disappears under the railing and falls to the floor below.

Yeah, one of those Fuuuuuuu.... moment for sure. Had it hit at any different angle, I imagine the damage could have been more severe.

Oh did I mention that I was listening to music? It was over Bluetooth. When it hit the floor, it didn't skip a beat.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I cringe everytime I hear about a phone dropping