Dropped my 822 today

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I dropped my 822 on blacktop while getting out of my truck today. It bounced pretty good and ended up face down. Was almost afraid to pick it up. When I did, screen was in one piece, with some dings on about three corners and on a front corner. There was a very small, very light scratch in the upper left corner of the glass, but you can't see it unless you were looking for it. Otherwise, the screen is still perfect. I don't use a case and it's not the first time I've dropped it, but it was the most significant drop. I lightly sanded the rough spots and you can hardly tell it was dinged (poly case helps with that).

So, I don't know what the moral of the story is, but I just wanted people to know the 822 seems pretty durable.

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I dropped my caseless 822 down one story onto a vinyl tile floor.

Amazingly enough it survived almost completely except a little bit of the white colored plastic chipped in the upper-right front area.

Long version:
I was changing the from a podcast to music and went to put it back in my pocket and fumbled it out of my hands. Unfortunately I was standing next to a railing that overlooks a lower floor. It hits the floor that I was standing on, disappears under the railing and falls to the floor below.

Yeah, one of those Fuuuuuuu.... moment for sure. Had it hit at any different angle, I imagine the damage could have been more severe.

Oh did I mention that I was listening to music? It was over Bluetooth. When it hit the floor, it didn't skip a beat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos