- 12-17-2012, 05:09 PM #1
Went into a VZW store today and played around with the Lumia 822. It was "testing" group texting by sending a message out to my phone and a buddy's phone who was with me as well. This is what I found.
- I put in 2 numbers when sending out a text..it said "converting to mms" and i sent the message out, it appeared in one thread that said "2 recipients"
- The actual message was never delivered to either of our phones, I dont know if it was because it was a display phone and maybe outgoing text were not active? I am not sure
- I called my phone from the 822 to obtain the number that was assigned to the phone. From my phone I sent a group text to the 822 and another group capable phone. The messages were being received on the Lumia 822 in the same thread from both my phone as well as my friends phone.
- Again, i tried to reply within that thread but nothing at all was sent out for whatever reason.
- Note: I also tried to send a regular single sms to my phone from the 822 and nothing was received.
- Tried the same test from the 8x and it was functioning in the exact same capacity.
Anyway, point is it seemed like the phones in the store were capable of group texting in the stock app. I am not sure if they are just set up that way in the retail store or what...unless there was some type of fix issued that I am unaware of. This is one of the only things keeping me from switching to WP8, it a fix was issued that would be great, but I havent heard anything about it.
Anybody have any updated info on this?
- 12-20-2012, 02:14 PM #6
- 12-20-2012, 10:12 PM #8
- 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM #9
interestingly enough...the test "group MMS" texts I was trying from various android phones (DNA, Maxx HD, etc), the texts would go through without a problem to my phone. So it didnt appear to be a store policy of any type. For what its worth...the android phones had similar "mock texts" preloaded in there anyway. I dont really care if I could send a text from the display 822 in the store,obviously the phone will be able to send SMS and MMS messages. I am inquiring more about the functionality of group text/MMS on the phone. I went to the options menu for the messaging app...and there was no type of option to turn group chat on or off, as expected based on the reviews here. However, the replies that were being sent to the 822 in store were coming through threaded without issue, I could even see the responses that I was sending from the 822 in that same thread (like group texts on iPhone, and HTC Trophy) but they werent being delivered. So I guess my question would really be...I need clarification...is there a group chat/text/MMS option on the 822 messaging app...or is it completely disabled by VZW and this was just some type of glitch in the display phone?
- 12-26-2012, 10:52 AM #11
- By asheezy in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM
- By mbranscum in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 1Last Post: 05-10-2012, 12:04 PM
- By rutvik19 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 8Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
- By md_minhaj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
- By mkr10001 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 02-03-2012, 11:07 AM