Any regrets with the 822

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm gonna pick up an 822 today. I like the way it feels and worst case if I don't like the 822 I can sell it on eBay they are going for $400

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No regrets here. Really enjoying the 822 and I know I made the right choice. It has the best blend for me of what I want in a phone from software to hardware, which includes the Nokia collection and support. I honestly only get more pleased with the phone, I had good battery life for the first couple of weeks of owning the phone, but have moved up to the excellent battery life category in the last week and that's just a cherry on top at this point. The camera is working out great for me, I've been impressed with the quality, though there is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to get the best pic at times. My favorite photo subject is my niece, so I don't post many pics on here, but the camera is great and although not the 920, I've also been impressed with what it can take in low light situations. I think the audio on the phone is great, I hook it up in my car several times a week and it has great sound. I'm guessing sound depends on the person and for my usage, the car as well. I think my car has a good regular sound system to start with, I'm sure that helps, and I'm not a sound snob, but have a good ear for music and sound (played an instrument for 10 years) and I have no complaints on the sound quality playing music.

Also, I'm a lot happier than I thought I would be with option for expandable storage. I thought it was a good thing before, but now I'm feeling it is essential because 16 GB doesn't feel like it's a whole heck of a lot the more I use the phone. I do think I'd be a bit nervous at this point if I was limited to 16GB, now this is on me somewhat because I have 4 states' maps downloaded on my phone and I try out new apps all the time, but beyond that I barely have any media loaded on my phone beyond a handful of books and a few dozen pictures and I'm already down to 8 GB of storage. Would make me very nervous to think less than one month in and this was it for the next 2 years. I was thinking that 16GB was workable and I think it probably is, but it's clearly much more so if you have unlimited data and can make use of cloud storage without worries of what that will mean to your data usage, I don't have that luxury.

jakthebomb

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My only regret is not being able to buy a Lumia 920 on Verizon. The Lumia 822 is a great phone. I switched from a iPhone 5 64GB to it. The only features that I want from the Lumia 920 is the Higher Resolution Screen and the Better Anti-Shake Camera. Other than that the Lumia 822 is a great phone. Now only if it would receive the latest OS update in a timely fashion.

wingse1w

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the Nokia 822 and love it. It has been the best phone I have owned. I bought mine through Walmart web site and got the phone FREE plus a 100 dollar gift card. Yahooo super deal. I dont know if they are still running that deal or not check web site.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The only regrets I have with my 822 is the camera is slow taking a picture and if I would have waited I could have gotten it free on contract instead of paying $100 on launch day.

phatfield

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
:evil: My post didn't read well.....I ended up with the Nokia 822 because of Nokia Drive. You're right though, I downloaded the voice pack and the voice guided turn by turn navigation works great! No regrets here....

phatfield

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Amen to that! My thoughts exactly. I've heard rumors that the 920's exclusivity to ATT is only for 6 months. I really hope a 922 is just around the corner....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo