Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Love my new 822 but I cannot open media content received via text message. Messages are being sent from an IPhone 4S via the Verizon Network.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I had the same issue a couple of days ago. After that happened from my buddies iPhone 4 my phone has not been the same. Next, all texts from anyone came in as media content. To fix this I deleted all threads. But nooowwww, I am unable to send any texts. When I push send nothing happens. Also now my contacts do not show up, but only their numbers when I receive a call

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Whenever you get the "media content" message you have to turn on your cellular data in order to open it.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Never turned it off. This is an issue that just started happening out of the blue
    Sounds like something I'd call VZW support and get resolved rather than deal with not having it working.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Did a phone reset and all is working again. If this continues to happen, I may be sending it back.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

I found this website and used the Bing lens to open the app. Once I did that, no issues at all. I did this for my husband's 822 as well, and both are now good to go.

Here is the link:
    Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

I am doing a home renovation project and was texting my wife a bunch of pics, from my 822 to her 822 and she kept getting this error. Restarting the phone would fix it for one message, then it would happen again.

-E

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Search wpcentral forums. I thought there was some discussion on this. It may only be an ATT thing, but some people had to set up a mms apn under Cellular settings. May not have anything to do with your problem but may be worth a shot.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I had this problem but it only seemed to happen down at my parents house where reception was horrible. Once I got somewhere with decent reception they started to come through.

Seeing this randomly and pretty bummed about it, haven't found a workaround yet.