Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts
    So my son got a new 822 the other day. He has a valid Xbox Live account. When the guy at Verizon setup his phone, he said it HAD to be an msn.com account. As a result, now when he tries to login to his Xbox Live account on the phone, it ONLY gives him a choice to create a NEW account. It doesn't let him enter his existing account. Is this right??? Should the Verizon guy have actually used his EXISTING Xbox Live account to setup the phone? Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Go back, slap that dude silly. Take a double cheeseburger minus the mustard and eat it.

save any pictures, then Go to settings...about phone...reset. Your son can input his xbox account as the default one.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I did the same thing by mistake so I had to redo my phone. Now if you create a new Microsoft account and let it sit for 30days before it activating on Xbox live then you can switch everything over to the new one
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I think we're just going to reset and add his existing Xbox account. That seems to be more clean.