Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas.scott View Post
    I can confirm that the 822 works with VZW ATT and TMO micro sims. Have tested today at work.
    Can u check if Internet sharing works on this while u r using it on tmobile usa? If u get any errors, can u try the access point trick from Nokia collection? Thanks

What are your APN settings for Internet and MMS. Are you using T Mobile Sim?

Hi I was just wondering if you had any issues of not being able to receive mms on your Lumia 822 using straight talk? Everything works great on mine, but for some reason I cannot receive mms, but I am able to send. Let me know, thanks

I have this exact issue...alls fine except cant receive MMS....Anyone know why this is?

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Internet sharing won't work on AT&T unless you have a plan that allows tethering. IIRC this is true for all WP8 phones, its probably a concession MSFT had to make to the carriers. I have MMS errors but I think the accesspoint application will help.

Zim I have gone through the same thing you are. I have researched tried every setting imagineable, had straight talk work many times on a solution only to say it must be the phone. As you stated everything works but incoming MMS. Sure wish someone could address this isuue.

Quote Originally Posted by zim ali View Post
    I have downloaded the app to change my apn and proxys. I have entered the strait talk info. I have internet, income and outgoing calls, incoming and outgoing texts, outgoing MMS, but no incoming MMS. I have talked to ST to verify everything is turned on. They even had me change some settings, them I lost the outgoing MMS. Can anybody PLEASE HELP ME?
    ________
    Last edited by palandri; 06-26-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: link removed

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhook View Post
    Zim I have gone through the same thing you are. I have researched tried every setting imagineable, had straight talk work many times on a solution only to say it must be the phone. As you stated everything works but incoming MMS. Sure wish someone could address this isuue.
    Just to chime in, I'm having the exact same issue with my 920 on Straight Talk. I'm about to just switch to the ATT LTE GoPhone plan, since you won't have to worry about these APN issues (plus LTE and internet access right when you pop in the SIM, good for the backup and restore option that doesn't work with Straight Talk).

I am buying a Nokia Lumia 822 and I was wondering where you got your sim card for it. I have looked online and cannot find one.

Does everyone have MMS? My dad can't receive picture messages.... If it's not possible - no biggie. But it is, I'd really like to get the setting fixed right on his phone.

I'm haveing the same problem too everything works but my mms an I'm haven a bit of a problem with data issue with visual voicemail. Can Ivey some help call or txt XXX-XXX-XXXX thank you
    Last edited by palandri; 08-23-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Phone number removed
    I have the Verizon Lumia 822, I received my SIM card from Straight Talk yesterday. It works great except for one issue. I can't send or receive picture text messages. Can you help me with this? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you,
    Melanie
    What app do you have to download?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,259 Global Posts
    MMS is locked to Verizon. You won't be able to get MMS to work.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    MMS is locked to Verizon. You won't be able to get MMS to work.
    even after GDR2? I see now they allow you edit MMS APN.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    even after GDR2? I see now they allow you edit MMS APN.
    Maybe it will work now. I don't have a Verizon phone or account.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

OK OK OK, ive read all of your guys threads but noone seems to actually say how they got their verizon nokia lumia 822 to work on ST???? i bought a L822 2 nights ago after doing a lot of reseach about using it on ST and earlier today i bought the ST bundle pack that came with the $45 monthly unlimited plan and in the bundle i got 2 (4GLTE sims, 1 normal size sim and the other a micro sim) aslo in the pack it came with the same assortment but for just 4g. now the "4G LTE sims were for "att" compatible devices and the 4G sims were for "tmo" devices. i instinctivly acivated my ST account/service with the "att/4G LTE" sim since the phone is an 4G LTE device. doing so i get incoming/outgoing calls and incoming/outgoing txt. but i get no data weither its 2G/3G/4G/4G LTE i also cant send or recieve mms!!!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!! ive spent a lot of money to gett this phone and service and all i can do is talk and txt...

i saw where a few of yall have got the L822 on ST and its working perfectly.. can someone explain how to fix the proble?? i know it has to do with my "APN" for both data & mms.
    Banned

The APN settings are on ST's website. Works perfectly for me.

Did you find out if were suppose to use the T-Mobile SIM or the att SIM?

What SIM are you using? I have the att SIM in and In not getting any data. I tried entering apn info in but st site doesn't fill in all the boxes on the apn settings on att SIM.
    Has anyone gotten the 822 to work completely - data, mms, sms, everything - on Straight Talk? I'd like to know because my step-daughter is on Straight Talk, and when I get 12 more points on DVLUP I'll be able to grab a free 822/820/810 as a reward, and the other two look like they're locked, so I'm leaning toward 822 (besides, there's an extra 8GB storage). I don't want to get it for her if it won't work, though, and I don't have a Straight Talk SIM to try it with. It's going to be a Christmas (early) surprise for her, so I don't want to let her know yet. She loved her Sprint Arrive, but when it broke she went with a cheap Android on Straight Talk, and she is so over that thing it isn't funny.

I'd appreciate any feedback on how to make it work, as I've never used an MVNO before, so I've not touched the settings yet that would need to be changed.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Has anyone gotten the 822 to work completely - data, mms, sms, everything - on Straight Talk? I'd like to know because my step-daughter is on Straight Talk, and when I get 12 more points on DVLUP I'll be able to grab a free 822/820/810 as a reward, and the other two look like they're locked, so I'm leaning toward 822 (besides, there's an extra 8GB storage). I don't want to get it for her if it won't work, though, and I don't have a Straight Talk SIM to try it with. It's going to be a Christmas (early) surprise for her, so I don't want to let her know yet. She loved her Sprint Arrive, but when it broke she went with a cheap Android on Straight Talk, and she is so over that thing it isn't funny.

I'd appreciate any feedback on how to make it work, as I've never used an MVNO before, so I've not touched the settings yet that would need to be changed.
    I just switched my phone yesterday to Straight Talk, and I've tested Data, SMS and MMS, (sending, at least) and they all work. I didn't do anything unusual, just used the APN settings at the ST site.

One caveat, though. I am using the AT&T version of Straight Talk, so I make no claims about the T-Mo version.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Euell Gibbons View Post
    I just switched my phone yesterday to Straight Talk, and I've tested Data, SMS and MMS, (sending, at least) and they all work. I didn't do anything unusual, just used the APN settings at the ST site.

One caveat, though. I am using the AT&T version of Straight Talk, so I make no claims about the T-Mo version.
    I didn't know ST used ATT's network. Thanks. Do they say on the package when you buy a SIM (I assume you can buy a SIM at Walmart?) what network they use?
    - Rich

The package actually came with 4 sim cards, a mini and a micro for AT&T, and a mini and a micro for T-Mobile.

Just don't make the same mistake I made and accidentally enter the sim number for the min-sim instead of the micro-sim.
    Thanked by:
    Ok - I appreciate the info.

Also, I just learned that my step-daughter is using Straight Talk without a SIM. Sprint network? So obviously, I'll have to buy a SIM to give her with the phone. Will she be able to transfer her account from one to the other?
    - Rich

Banned

If you're asking if she can transfer her number, then yes.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast