Verizon lumia 822 with straight talk

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, someone got the 822 working on StraightTalk, which means it is not locked to Verizon. So it will work with TMO, but be aware that you won't get LTE on it. Hmmm.... Or maybe you will? Thinking about this now, since TMO is not an MVNO, I think it might be possible that it could work. Hmmm.....

What I really wish, though, is that there would be some way of making the 920 work on VZW. Without the CDMA radio, though.... I do have to wonder, though, since LTE uses a SIM, and the 920 has a SIM slot, I wonder if it would work on Verizon if you put your Verizon LTE SIM into it. For sure wouldn't work in areas that didn't have LTE, but this is an interesting question......

I have a feeling it'll work. I read on another tread that someone couldn't get mms or something similar to send out but txt/mms/calls/3g works on Tmob. Lots of these on craigslist for around $200-300. My other concern is future updates (would vz sit on them for donkey years) and also possibility that the updates might break something such as mms/txt/3g/ re-lock and etc. Regarding the LTE, First the L920 would have to be unlocked and most like i won't recommend the ATT-stealership ones. The Rogers one (unlocked) perhaps. It helps to know someone who has the L920 unlocked who can try this out.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, someone got the 822 working on StraightTalk, which means it is not locked to Verizon. So it will work with TMO, but be aware that you won't get LTE on it. Hmmm.... Or maybe you will? Thinking about this now, since TMO is not an MVNO, I think it might be possible that it could work. Hmmm.....

T-Mobile doesn't have LTE yet (they're working on it), but they do have HSPA+ which is still pretty fast.

evenmetal99

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi I was just wondering if you had any issues of not being able to receive mms on your Lumia 822 using straight talk? Everything works great on mine, but for some reason I cannot receive mms, but I am able to send. Let me know, thanks

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Internet sharing won't work on AT&T unless you have a plan that allows tethering. IIRC this is true for all WP8 phones, its probably a concession MSFT had to make to the carriers. I have MMS errors but I think the accesspoint application will help.

dhook

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Zim I have gone through the same thing you are. I have researched tried every setting imagineable, had straight talk work many times on a solution only to say it must be the phone. As you stated everything works but incoming MMS. Sure wish someone could address this isuue.

I have downloaded the app to change my apn and proxys. I have entered the strait talk info. I have internet, income and outgoing calls, incoming and outgoing texts, outgoing MMS, but no incoming MMS. I have talked to ST to verify everything is turned on. They even had me change some settings, them I lost the outgoing MMS. Can anybody PLEASE HELP ME?
________

Last edited by a moderator:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Zim I have gone through the same thing you are. I have researched tried every setting imagineable, had straight talk work many times on a solution only to say it must be the phone. As you stated everything works but incoming MMS. Sure wish someone could address this isuue.

Just to chime in, I'm having the exact same issue with my 920 on Straight Talk. I'm about to just switch to the ATT LTE GoPhone plan, since you won't have to worry about these APN issues (plus LTE and internet access right when you pop in the SIM, good for the backup and restore option that doesn't work with Straight Talk).

Jason Villeda

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Does everyone have MMS? My dad can't receive picture messages.... If it's not possible - no biggie. But it is, I'd really like to get the setting fixed right on his phone.

Jayshawn Allen

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon lumia 822 with straight talk names jasson

I'm haveing the same problem too everything works but my mms an I'm haven a bit of a problem with data issue with visual voicemail. Can Ivey some help call or txt XXX-XXX-XXXX thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Melanie Pizzini

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the Verizon Lumia 822, I received my SIM card from Straight Talk yesterday. It works great except for one issue. I can't send or receive picture text messages. Can you help me with this? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you,
Melanie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077