- 01-04-2013, 12:16 PM #1
Since Christmas, I think I have read over 100 WP8 APP reviews. While going through a few yesterday, I found some folks who decided not to use the Marketplace Facebook or Twitter APP(S). Instead, they when to IE on their WP8 phone, went to facebook.com or twitter.com, and when those sites loaded - they selected the option to pin those Websites to their Start Screen.
The good news is that both Facebook and Twitter have the "smarts" to render the mobile versions of their Websites on your 822. Not only do you get the same look and feel that you are used to from your PC, but both sites seem to load faster and offer toolbars with familiar icons or tool locations.
I don't mean to dis the APP developers here, but sometimes (especially when you get older ) - simple and familiar works best!
- 01-10-2013, 09:24 AM #3
However, with that thought in mind - I also try to point out that in some cases an APP is not needed. We already have things like employee self service (online paychecks, etc.) that you can simply see in a browser. Why rewrite software to do what a browser already does for you?
- By tweedbean in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
- By speedtouch in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
- By Jerryzkidz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
- By spikeybadooks in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
- By furygoalbrtis39 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2011, 07:02 AM