New 822 owner looking for case and holster

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone, just picked up the Lumia 822 phone last Friday for free at the Verizon store. I'm coming from an HTC Thunderbolt that was way past its time for upgrading. I love this new phone and had a hundred questions about it but a lot of the answers I've found in the forums. Only questions I have now are do you think someone will come out with another case and holster for it? I've seen the one on Verizon's site and I had that one for my thunderbolt and that's why I don't want to get it. Since its a new phone I want to give it a new look. The 822 does fit loosely into the thunderbolt holster but bending down or other type of movement may make it slide right out.

The other question I had is how do I know if my phone is a lemon or not? I haven't had much problems with it but a few things came up. First was a reboot when I tried to send a txt message, then the other day I went to send another pic message and it said network not available. I tried turning the data network on and off several times but no lock, finally had to reboot the phone to get the data to work. Ever since then it seems like it has an issue with network downloads, both wifi and cellular. If I try to get updated statuses from facebook using the Me tile it says updating and stays on that until the screen locks then when I unlock it the phone finally updates. Could it be bad radios in the phone and needs returning or should I try to reset it first? This just started happening the other day after I installed the ConnectivityShortcuts app but I seriously doubt that had anything to do with it.

Seems like I had a hand full of more questions but can't remember what they were. Anyways, glad to see these forums to help out people like me.

C

corn13read

Verizon has a case/holster combo which sucks IMO. Would love to find a holster only myself but haven't found anything yet :'(

No clue on the second thing.

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an otterbox defender for my 822 that works pretty well. As far as the reboots, it seems like that's an issue with WP8 that will be fixed with a software update. My phone was losing data signal and cell signal so I got it replaced under warranty. The replacement is working fine.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I think I've found that if the wi-fi is weak, but connected, it tries to use that for downloads/network, but it may not work because of the weak signal. Then when you disconnect from wi-fi and use the cellular, it will work fine. You might have a flaky wi-fi radio in your phone and I would try a different one.

ibyke

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Defender, too, and like it. Haven't used the holster yet. No comment on the other items. I've had my phone for a month and really like. Only major problem is that I can't get Zune to recognize it.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
You might want to look at the Incipio cases for the 822. I have one for my 920 and really like it. I got the Feather and it's really light and comes with a screen protector.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd seriously consider exchanging the phone. Some people have zero problems with the 822 (in six weeks, I've never had a reboot or a connectivity issue), and some people who did have problems report that replacing the phone solved the problem. From following the threads on this forum, it's hard to find a pattern in what causes these problems, although Skype and Bluetooth get mentioned fairly often as possible culprits, and I haven't used either on my phone.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I will second the Otterbox Defender. I considered the Verizon case, but I finally decided, when I'm at work, the phone goes into my cargo pocket, so I wanted a case that would offer the best protection. When I go off duty, the phone goes onto the holder on my belt. The Ott does add some bulk to the phone, but I like it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's a thread with links to a number of different cases and other accessories for the 822. If there are more that I've missed, let me know and I'll stick them in there. Might not be a bad idea to send me a private message, since I've been busy lately and haven't had a lot of time in the forums, but I do want to keep the thread updated with accessories. I'd also like to see it pinned, but it seems this forum gets the least attention from the mods?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/204120-822-accessories-one-stop-shop.html

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I like the look of the grey OtterBox, but I have a black one that I picked up from Verizon. Since then, I've switched to the Incipio Feather. I've ordered a case that's a generic from Amazon, and I'll post pics and a link/review when I get it, but it's billed as an extra large. Not my ideal, but it's hard to find something big enough for the phones that are coming out now.

If you're interested in the black OtterBox, I'm going to sell it - was going to put it on ebay, but just haven't taken the time to do so. PM me and make an offer - only used for a month, looks good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills