Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi Everyone, just picked up the Lumia 822 phone last Friday for free at the Verizon store. I'm coming from an HTC Thunderbolt that was way past its time for upgrading. I love this new phone and had a hundred questions about it but a lot of the answers I've found in the forums. Only questions I have now are do you think someone will come out with another case and holster for it? I've seen the one on Verizon's site and I had that one for my thunderbolt and that's why I don't want to get it. Since its a new phone I want to give it a new look. The 822 does fit loosely into the thunderbolt holster but bending down or other type of movement may make it slide right out.

The other question I had is how do I know if my phone is a lemon or not? I haven't had much problems with it but a few things came up. First was a reboot when I tried to send a txt message, then the other day I went to send another pic message and it said network not available. I tried turning the data network on and off several times but no lock, finally had to reboot the phone to get the data to work. Ever since then it seems like it has an issue with network downloads, both wifi and cellular. If I try to get updated statuses from facebook using the Me tile it says updating and stays on that until the screen locks then when I unlock it the phone finally updates. Could it be bad radios in the phone and needs returning or should I try to reset it first? This just started happening the other day after I installed the ConnectivityShortcuts app but I seriously doubt that had anything to do with it.

Seems like I had a hand full of more questions but can't remember what they were. Anyways, glad to see these forums to help out people like me.
  2. corn13read
    Verizon has a case/holster combo which sucks IMO. Would love to find a holster only myself but haven't found anything yet :'(

No clue on the second thing.
    Last edited by corn13read; 01-05-2013 at 02:51 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I have an otterbox defender for my 822 that works pretty well. As far as the reboots, it seems like that's an issue with WP8 that will be fixed with a software update. My phone was losing data signal and cell signal so I got it replaced under warranty. The replacement is working fine.

Global Posts
    2,855 Global Posts
    I think I've found that if the wi-fi is weak, but connected, it tries to use that for downloads/network, but it may not work because of the weak signal. Then when you disconnect from wi-fi and use the cellular, it will work fine. You might have a flaky wi-fi radio in your phone and I would try a different one.

I got the Otterbox Defender, too, and like it. Haven't used the holster yet. No comment on the other items. I've had my phone for a month and really like. Only major problem is that I can't get Zune to recognize it.

Global Posts
    923 Global Posts
    You might want to look at the Incipio cases for the 822. I have one for my 920 and really like it. I got the Feather and it's really light and comes with a screen protector.

If you go with Incipio, avoid the SHINE cases, they kill reception!

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I'd seriously consider exchanging the phone. Some people have zero problems with the 822 (in six weeks, I've never had a reboot or a connectivity issue), and some people who did have problems report that replacing the phone solved the problem. From following the threads on this forum, it's hard to find a pattern in what causes these problems, although Skype and Bluetooth get mentioned fairly often as possible culprits, and I haven't used either on my phone.

Will the wireless charging work through the otterbox? Verizon seems to think no.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
    Will the wireless charging work through the otterbox? Verizon seems to think no.
    It does with the 920, so it should work with the 822.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    I will second the Otterbox Defender. I considered the Verizon case, but I finally decided, when I'm at work, the phone goes into my cargo pocket, so I wanted a case that would offer the best protection. When I go off duty, the phone goes onto the holder on my belt. The Ott does add some bulk to the phone, but I like it.

PM me for more details
    Here's a thread with links to a number of different cases and other accessories for the 822. If there are more that I've missed, let me know and I'll stick them in there. Might not be a bad idea to send me a private message, since I've been busy lately and haven't had a lot of time in the forums, but I do want to keep the thread updated with accessories. I'd also like to see it pinned, but it seems this forum gets the least attention from the mods?

822 Accessories - One Stop Shop
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    I like the look of the grey OtterBox, but I have a black one that I picked up from Verizon. Since then, I've switched to the Incipio Feather. I've ordered a case that's a generic from Amazon, and I'll post pics and a link/review when I get it, but it's billed as an extra large. Not my ideal, but it's hard to find something big enough for the phones that are coming out now.

If you're interested in the black OtterBox, I'm going to sell it - was going to put it on ebay, but just haven't taken the time to do so. PM me and make an offer - only used for a month, looks good.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!