SD Cards Experiences Guide

DarkSpartan017

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
@DarkSpartan017 Thanks for mentioning your SD Card. Can you please give some details how it is at transferring music and video while it is synced to your computer (OS)?

Thanks,
Kelly

I've had no issues transferring any media with all three methods (Metro app,Desktop, Explorer). Video playback is my only issue with the card only with video taken with the card itself on or off the phone. Which has me thinking it's a bug in the OS itself. The only phones we can test this theory with are the Nokia 820,810,822, HTC 8S, and Ativ S w/ the 820 being the only Portico updated device with removable storage.

SOMEnameItried

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi @DarkSpartan017,

I've wondered that too about the OS. I honestly have checked the other groups, so I'm isolated with only trying to better understand SD Cards and the 822. I feel like this issue of the sd cards appears more frequently with these models than the others (in addition to the OS).

I really appreciate you dishing out the specs.

Cheers,
Kelly

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had no problems with my SanDisk 64GB micro SDXC card. Transfers could be faster, but hey it's 64GB and not USB 3.0. Hey Nokia, I'd be very happy if you made the connector on my next Windows Phone a USB 3.0 connector. :D

DarkSpartan017

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi @DarkSpartan017,

I've wondered that too about the OS. I honestly have checked the other groups, so I'm isolated with only trying to better understand SD Cards and the 822. I feel like this issue of the sd cards appears more frequently with these models than the others (in addition to the OS).

I really appreciate you dishing out the specs.

Cheers,
Kelly

No problem I just updated my 810 today and shot some video post update and it would seem it is an OS level issue since the video playback is behaving normally for me now with no more stutters or jumps. I'll play around with it some more to see if it isn't a fluke. Hopefully VZW will drop the update for the 822 soon and those who had issues before can report back if there seeing the issue go away as well.

SOMEnameItried

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So as you all get the Portico update for your Lumia 822s I wanted to bump this thread to see if these are still issues, or say all is well and close it.

Cheers,
Kelly

SOMEnameItried

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to add, I just tried the 32gb patriot after the Portico install and it has the same issues as before, so stay clear of this card for this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720