- 01-07-2013, 01:37 PM #1
I've been reading the forums here for several weeks now. Tomorrow is the magical day that my Sprint contract is over, and I can finally move to a good carrier (VZW is only one with LTE in my area). I have been torn for much of the time between the 8X and the 822, but honestly I think I will get the 822 due to SD card option (this alone is a huge advantage) and being able to tote around a spare battery when needed.
But I am wondering what all the SD card can be used for?
- App storage? I think this is a no, but checking. Could it ever be possible? What about app data such as IE browser cache, or other similar things?
- Photos and videos can be, but sounds like there could be some issues recording video directly to SD. Is there a mechanism to move a video recorded internally to the SD card (not involving a PC)?
- Can Office docs be opened from and saved to SD card?
- Can email attachments be saved to SD? Any limitations on type (i.e. only Office documents)?
- Pretty sure I have read that Map data can go on SD?
I take it also there is no file manager app as of yet for WP8? Is it feasible that one might be created someday, or does the OS just not allow this type of app? It'd be nice to have an app that could access the internal filesystem, SD card, and SkyDrive to allow transferring between any of the 3 locations.
- 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM #4
I certainly hope the SanDisk Ultra 64GB card isn't a problem on these phones given their supposed support up to 64GB I had no issues on my Android GN2 and if it won't work on my Nokia 822 I won't be very happy. Not interested in buying another SD card to address a deficiency or bug in a device or OS.
01-12-2013, 01:29 AM #5
- 478 Posts
I have tried a Sandisk SDXC UHS-1 64gb as well as a Sandisc SDHC Class 4 32gb. When both are loaded up w/ mp3s, the phone doesn't work right with XBOX Music. So I don't believe the phone is incompatible with an SD card, its just that right now some of the apps can't handle a large amount of files.
- 01-12-2013, 03:50 PM #6
tried 2 different 64gb sandisk micro sd xc 1 class 10 cards. The SANDISK package states that the card supports 30MB/S.??The phone worked fine with them loaded with songs, pix, pre-made movies etc. Just would not record video that was any good. Recorded videos would be jumpy, skippy, etc. Went to a 32 gb Samsung card, and records videos flawlessly. So, maybe a bugfix/update will come out and allow me to use my 64 gb card. I am still holding on to them in hopes of an update that will fix the issue, and allow me to use the bigger card.
- 03-07-2013, 10:52 PM #10
I too have the SanDisk 64GB Class 10 mSDXC card and I can't tell if it's the card or the phone/OS/apps, but it definitely has issues. First, the WP8 app for W8 will not transfer album art. WMP will. However, power your phone down and then back up and you'll discover that, while your songs are still there, the metadata is gone, which then lumps them all together into a large mass of songs. The art will be gone too. I've been working 5 straight days to no avail, to include a full phone reset.
Video will not record to it without serious issues.
And all this AFTER the 'Portico' update (which, so far, is only useful to use the PlayTo app).
- By CJ Thunder in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2012, 01:34 AM
- By mase123987 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 10-27-2012, 04:47 PM
- By Spacegho5t in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 08-08-2012, 01:29 PM
- By jalb in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 4Last Post: 05-10-2011, 03:48 PM