How do I install an otterbox case?

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought an otterbox case for phone but for the life of me I can't figure out how to open it to insert the phone. For those of you who do have this case can you throw me a bone? I used to think I was smart until I tried to follow the directions.

mbar9607

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
its like any defender case and you have to gently pry at the lcocking tabs to get the plastic part apart after youve removed the silicone. and if its a commuter you have to remove the outter shell first

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the case on. Didn't realize it was 2 separate cases until I was lifting microUSB tab and saw it could slide off. After that I followed your instructions and now its on.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a tip - put a screen protector on the phone before you put it in the case. With the hole in the top for the speaker, light sensor, and FFC, there's a possibility of getting something between the built-in screen protector and the phone. If you do, depending on what it is, it could scratch the screen. I had something get inside mine - not sure what it was, but it left a mark on the screen protector that I had put on the phone prior to the OtterBox.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really looked at it closely for this - will the built-in screen protector come out without messing up the fit/form/function of the rest of the case?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes it will. Just remove case and you will see where screen prot is glued to frame. It will come off very easy. Get a regular screen protector. Your screen will look so much better. It won't hurt the fit of the case in any way.

Skeeder

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
@conanheath

I actual noticed that too. My phone is currently using the otterbox. My hate of its screen protector, bulkiness (I work as an analyst...so...), terrible belt clip AND the price made me purchase the incipio dual pro. I hope it is thinner. I hope to do a side by side comparison soon.

Once I get it, either the otterbox will stay without its screen protector. OR the incipio will win, I'll get some extra cash to put towards a bigger micro SD card.

mbar9607

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
yep ditch the otterbox built in screen protector, and dont use the holster since it seems to still go in and out of a pocket pretty well and just call otterbox and maybe after enough calls and complaints about the holster a revision will be made faster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs