High End Nokia Coming To Verizon...Are You Staying With The 822?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
image39.png

Tom Warren, who is the Verge Microsoft correspondent, has tweeted this enigmatic tease, saying those who want a high end Nokia Lumia on Verizon will be ?happy soon?.
A slim, light and metallic Nokia Lumia flagship has been rumoured, and it would not be surprising to see a new flagship handset show up exclusive on Verizon, possibly announced at Mobile World Congress for release 4-8 weeks after.
Do our readers think the announcement of a new high end Windows Phone will damage Nokia Lumia 920 sales, or is this strategy of rapid releases exactly what Windows Phone needs? Let us know below.

High end Nokia Windows Phone for Verizon teased | WMPoweruser

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I got my 822 with the plan to move up to the better phone when it came. Thankfully I have a wonderfully understanding wife who knows that her geek husband NEEDS the latest and greatest, so she will take the 822.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It would take something a lot better than the 920 to tempt me to jump. I looked at both in the AT&T versions before buying, and I came away slightly preferring the 822 because the lighter weight, expandable memory and removable battery weighed more heavily for me than the screen and camera advantages of the 920.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll likely upgrade, but I suppose it depends on what phone comes. I upgraded to my 822 using my dad's upgrade, as he'll never need anything other than his cheap flip phone, and my upgrade is in February, so I'd like to use it.

imandroid

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Having 5 lines of service I can normally upgrade every 9 to 11 months. Between this rumored device and the BB 10 im gonna be in tech bliss.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Not likely. I've known one has been coming for awhile. It will be superior to the 920 in many regards, likely featuring the higher end GPU featured on the 920T in China, but also it is supposed to have a better camera sensor with further enhanced PureView.

But I bought the 822 knowing this and am content. Don't believe this one will be quad-core because of concerns over battery life. There are enhancements to the display coming as well, but the Verizon phone will be Nokia's top dog for awhile.

The astounding thing is that it may only be available on Verizon in the States for a time. I'm still expecting an Easter launch and I'm much more certain about that than I was with the Samsung stuff, but even the Verizon brass seemed to not know exactly everything Samsung has been doing with any of their devices.

There's still something in the pipeline from HTC too. They may also carry the Huawei W1 as a prepaid smartphone. Also looking at other Huawei offerings, checking out LG prototypes, and have communicated with Lenovo about WP8 devices (and Android).

But the Nokia news is a sure bet. Expect a MASSIVE push to go with it and Verizon to make a big deal about it. Nokia will be full bore manufacturing with all their WP8 devices by that time and they want to do mass market. There also will be colors for that phone, more colors for the 822. The current 822 will have new color offerings (already have seen the red one reveal) and likely will go to free with contract once the top end hits. They are looking at a lower price on the high end Nokia as well. Not too sure if it'll get down to the $100 range, but $150 or so may be where it lands with 32GB. May add microSD in addition to the enhanced camera sensor, but not quite sure on that.

Know the sensor is at least 12MP and might be up to 14MP, but it is not the 41MP sensor.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Nah..... Verizon has better services but I will not shop for another windows phone before Microsoft releases a big update fixing Xbox music and Xbox video and adding secured storage card to their EAS policies....

russbean

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Simply put. If the camera is as good as the 920 or better, I will jump ship from the 822 although I'd hate to lose the expandable memory.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I want the camera, but where I used to carry my phone and take the Zune to work for music and podcasts, now I just use the phone (thanks to a 64GB card), so I don't think I want to go back to carrying both. I want the memory slot.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Aaaaaaaaaaa, I knew it. Damn it. I'm so impatient. Could have saved myself alot of money. But I had to have the 920. Oh well, my beautiful yellow Lumia 920 is awesome. I couldn't be happier. No regrets. you can't buy a phone today without something better and more beautiful coming out a month later. That really kills my inner geek.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this is about the 822, but if this new phone works with tmo, I'll probably part ways with my 810. Of course, as soon as I do, I'm sure they'll announce a flagship for tmo.

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Mr. Mac hits the nail on the head. Minor camera enhancements. Quad Core = Battery Drain

And I am honestly not impressed with the plastic brick where you can't upgrade memory or get to the battery. Lovin' my 822. Just had a few more random comments from strangers this weekend... "Man, the display on that phone is so bright and clear!"

Also keep in mind that Nokia won't be the only manufacturer upgrading their WP8 line on Verizon. More to come from HTC and I would love to see what the Surface Phone ends up looking like and if Verizon will support it.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I will do the wait and see till we hear more what Verizon has coming. Could it? Will it finally be a flagship phone? Let all hope but I do really like my 822.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3