Wireless tethering

mbar9607

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
is there a way to wireless tether on the 822 for free? i used to tether for free on all my old androids and i could use the feature at times still but i refuse to pay verizon any extra money for something i should be able to do any ways since im paying for data as it is, and i also refuse to ditch my unltd data to shared for the free feature of tethering

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
on windows mobile phones 6.x with bluetooth, u could use the bluetooth pan, to use ur phone's data connection. The Lumia does not support the Bluetooth PAN tether or Verizon has limited it some how..anyone know if it is a Nokia Limitation or a Verizon modification?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
i stated i wont go to them and give up my unltd
wow! Sure missed that on your initial post. I feel you, I bought my 822 outright in order to keep my unlimited package too. Even with the unlimited Verizon wanted to charge me that $20/month for the mobile hotspot when I had a BlackBerry.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
There is little we can do about this. ATT does this as well. What really ticks me off, is that you can do it on Andriod, yet they make sure to block it on Windows Phone. Along with wanting to make us pay extra to use the data we already pay for. Its bs if you ask me and its a screw job. I dont have a share plan and its only me here, so it makes no sense to go to that plan. I also dont use a ton of data, so I shouldnt have to pay for a larger plan just to tether my phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The only reason that you can do it on Android is because Android is such an insecure OS that someone who knows what they're doing can make it do just about anything. This OS was built to be secure, and that means the OS, too, not just the data that it manages. Not even all of the original Windows Phone 7 devices could be hacked to do what you're asking. So unless someone roots the phone and gets this to work, the answer is no, you won't be able to do it without paying for it. FWIW I believe Verizon is doing it right (even though they are required by agreement with the FCC). They're giving it free for the limited plans, and charging extra for the unlimited. I don't fault them for that at all. If it was free withunlimited, I'd have never given up my unlimited, and I'd ditch the cable at home. Why pay for that when I could go through my phone. But what they're doing makes sense, both of the common variety and of the business variety. You don't include tethering on the unlimited plans, and you avoid having the airwaves clogged up by the data hogs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise