Links do not show up in email client

jaymesleavitt

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
In the windows phone email client, messages containing links are not clickable. I have a hotmail account synced with my phone however when I receive a message there is no way to click on links. They just show up as regular text. Is there a setting I can change to make links active? It would be nice to click on a link and have the web page open in the browser just like my android did.

Gregg Le Blanc

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This happens on Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 8 as well now.
It used to not happen (to my knowledge).
But what I see is that the link will work if another Windows Phone device is the recipient, but almost no other client gets a clickable link.
Not Hotmail / Outlook.com, Windows Live Mail client, Outlook 2013, or Windows Mail in Windows 8.

If I "Share Page" from IE within Windows Phone 8 to a Gmail account as the target, it's the same result.
However, Gmail at least does the "courtesy" of scanning the email (probably for advertising purposes), and converting it to a clickable link.
Oh, in fact, yes... there is nothing in my entire Gmail inbox that pertains to the link I sent myself, and now I have an ad from Google about the link that's in the email.
Yay.

If there is a setting to tap, I don't know it.
I've tried adding a space after the link, hitting a "return" after the link, etc. to trick the link into being clickable, and nothing works.
I think it is something to do with the email client or the server formatting the message improperly (like stripping / forgetting to add the URL metadata).
:(

It's totally broken.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen this behavior, from day one of Windows Phone, to WP8. Tapping a link and having it open in the browser (just like your old Android) is the behavior I see every day.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
All of my links are clickable, and nobody I know sends emails from Windows Phones. The senders use PCs (Outlook/webmail), Macs (Apple Mail), Android, iPhone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb