Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wilks7

I used Nokia Drive successfully when I first got my Lumia 822 phone. Since then, I've updated to the latest version and downloaded a turn by turn voice. But the last few times I tried to use Nokia Drive, it kept finding my location in the wrong place. Every couple of minutes or so, it would come up with a new location that was usually not anywhere near where I was and then calculate a new route. I have maps downloaded to the phone, so that shouldn't be a problem, and I was driving around Albuquerque and not in the woods or in the mountains. Anyone have any idea why the GPS can't accurately figure out where I am?

Some owners of 920's were reporting this... I believe before Portico update so... it could be that it is resolved there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy29 View Post
    Some owners of 920's were reporting this... I believe before Portico update so... it could be that it is resolved there.
    I don't think any Verizon windows phone has Portico.

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    I don't think any Verizon windows phone has Portico.
    Yes, but he's just saying that some 920s had the same problem and it was fixed with Portico...so Portico could possibly fix the problem on the 822 when it gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    Yes, but he's just saying that some 920s had the same problem and it was fixed with Portico...so Portico could possibly fix the problem on the 822 when it gets it.
    okay

One thing is don't forget Nokia drive has the beta tagged to it...so the users are the testers and all quirks should be reported to Nokia...beta=bugs....lol

Hopefully it will continue to get better with feedback and future updates
    Thanked by:
    hopmedic likes this.

I'm not sure if it's Nokia Drive. I downloaded another GPS app to double check, and I noticed that it also may report my location incorrectly. So it seems it may be an issue with the GPS of the phone.

Turn off 4G connection and use max 3G. Restart phone and voila. Everytime you change mobil/carrier settings, restart the phone.
    Now if you plan to be outside, switch 4G on and it will work. Its strange but it's like the 4G connection is hampering the GPS it self. Or maybe 4G is missing some position funkyions that 3G offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks7 View Post
    One thing is don't forget Nokia drive has the beta tagged to it...so the users are the testers and all quirks should be reported to Nokia...beta=bugs....lol

Hopefully it will continue to get better with feedback and future updates
    Yes... And with it being Beta, I'd also think that they'd be more open to feature suggestions than if it were finalized software.

Quote Originally Posted by msruby64 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's Nokia Drive. I downloaded another GPS app to double check, and I noticed that it also may report my location incorrectly. So it seems it may be an issue with the GPS of the phone.
    I was going to say that if it is a problem that Portico fixes as was mentioned above, then it is not a problem with the app, but a problem with the GPS, but it looks like you've come to that conclusion.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

It would be really nice if the Portico update fixes the GPS issue as well as some problems I'm having with my Blue Tooth headset. Anyone hear anything about when Verizon might release the update?

My phone have the portico update and no, GPS is no good. It's exact on the lengt thou. I get exactly the wrong distance everytime in his exercise apps that can record data, but its consisted, and that is amazing. No app changes the distance and that's a bit weird.
    If your phone is an 822 you do not have the Portico update.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Oh sorry, didnt realize I posted in 822, I have 920 so ignore me and sorry. Same issues though.